Waste of time!!!!!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Waste of time!!!!!! in Registered Nurses: Diploma / ADN / BSN, part of General Nursing ... I graduated from the Chicago Public Schools Practical Nursing program a year ago. I failed my exit...by FaithGurl93 Feb 11I graduated from the Chicago Public Schools Practical Nursing program a year ago. I failed my exit exam by like 3 points so I can't go on to take boards for my LPN. I'm constantly trying to get in contact with them so that I can move on and take boards but every time they're giving me the run around. My plan was to take boards and then do a bridge program. I really want to be a nurse!!!! I work as a CNA at a hospital and seeing what the nurses do I KNOW I got what it takes!!!. but this program is stopping that. Should I just say forget it and go for the RN?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=814903©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Feb 11 by Kidrn911I would say go for it girl, if they can't get back with you. Good Luck
- Just go for it! My RN degree was only 4 months longer than LPN (not including pre req) and it'll fly by!
- Feb 11 by FaithGurl93Quote from pedsRN28really? Was it for ADN or BSN? I just want to go for ADN...I really want to work in the ERJust go for it! My RN degree was only 4 months longer than LPN (not including pre req) and it'll fly by!
- It was for ASN.
- The ER is possible! You may have to go to a diff department just to get in the door but then you can transfer toER
- Feb 12 by HouTxSo, there's no way to go back and re-take that last semester and graduate from your program? Bummer.
But, LPNs are very rarely hired in Emergency Departments due to the limitations of LPN scope of practice.
- Feb 12 by FaithGurl93Yeah. I'm going up to Northwestern/eastern (i get it mixed up lol) to talk to admissions. Their nursing program starts in May. I'm gonna put my all into this so I won't have to worry about retaking anything #Determined
- Feb 12 by GrnTeaNortheastern University is in .... Boston. Lotsa snow here, but hey, come on down. Excellent nursing program.
- Feb 12 by FaithGurl93Im sorry its Northwestern in chicago. I get them mixed up lol.