Radiology nurse certification - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 28, '09 by RadNurse55Hi, Tinnnk
Please PM me your email address.
I look forward to speaking to you.Last edit by dianah on Apr 28, '09 : Reason: Removed email, as posting email is TOS (Terms of Service) violation
- Oct 10, '09 by mcrn89i just got home from taking the radiololgy nrsg. cert exam. i think i could've passed if i was a rad tech, there were hardly any nursing questions on the test. none. nothing that pertains to my practice. did anyone feel the same if they took it today?
- Oct 12, '09 by Radnurse54It is unfortunate that you found this a difficult process. I have a couple of questions. Did you take the review class offered by the National Organization for Radiology Nurses? Did you use the "Core Curriculum" to study from if you did not, and last, what did they ask that you thought was outside your practice?
I took the exam 4 years ago and while I found it all encompassing, the core curriculum helped emensely as well as studying with the technologists on things I did not understand or were new to me.
- Oct 12, '09 by mcrn89I studied the core cirriculum for about five months or so. I read that book back and forth. There were no questions concerning labs, sedating pts, meds, nurses responsiblities during procedures and nothing on any procedures that I do on a daily basis. I recall 2 UAE questions. There were alot of questions about MRI, CT and Nuc med, all tech type questions. The review class was in PA and I live in FL, so no I didn't attend. I would have liked to, but couldn't. I am just disapointed that I felt like I studied constantly and half of the info wasn't on the test.
- Oct 15, '09 by Radnurse54I am sure you feel very frustrated. I know when I took the exam that I spent time in cath lab and Nuclear Medicine because those were areas I did not work in. I did work in and around Mammography which was helpful. Have you thought about talking with the Radiology Nursing folks to share your concerns?
I will have my fingers crossed for you.
- Jul 4, '10 by woodsynyAnybody know of good sites to get CEU'S to take this test. Very hard finding CEU"S for radiology nurses to meet the testing requirements. Also how did everyone study for this and good study materials. Want to pass it on the first go. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks