Anyone doing HEDIS??? - page 6
Is anyone out there besides me doing HEDIS this year? Last year I was assigned 800+ charts to audit. For probably 400 of those, 3 of us went to the "desert" area to do them. This year I have 1274 to do by myself and possibly 6... Read More
- 0Sep 28, '08 by HamyaniI am reading threads about companies everyone is working for or has worked for doing HEDIS, and very few company names are being mentioned. Is this for privacy/protection reasons or just an oversight of omission. I am looking for some good leading tips to pursue a job doing HEDIS.
Does anyone have any suggestions on getting started?
- 0Oct 12, '08 by camper2I'm new to this site. Did HEDIS review in 2005 in the Phoenix area for Managed Access. Am looking for companies who are going to be doing the 2009 reviews in the Phoenix area. Also, some of the posts are really old. Anyone have any updated info on what it is like to work for the companies?
- 0Oct 16, '08 by fredksI am new to this site and found it while doing a search for HEDIS jobs. I live in Michigan and did HEDIS for 7 years with a local insurance company. I loved it, but unfortunately the company went through some changes and they no longer needed us. I would like to find more HEDIS work, but have not had any luck. I have spoke with both Outcomes, Inc and MedAssurant but were not impressed with either of them. Besides being paid per chart does not sound like a good idea. I know how long 1 chart can take. I would be willing to travel out of my area to find work.
If anyone has any ideas of where to look for work let me know.
- 0Oct 29, '08 by dmcdonaI am with Outcomes Health Information Solutions and we are currently looking for 2 nurses to begin working a HEDIS project in the Philadelphia area. The project would start next Monday and continue on through January 31st. If you are an LPN or RN with HEDIS experience and you are interested in finding out more about the project, please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 0Oct 30, '08 by shemac6Himayani (or anyone else who knows),
What is MDS? I can make some guesses, but I'd probably be off.
I want to learn to do HEDIS, and I'm trying to figure out how to get started.
I'm thinking of taking a coding course, but if anyone has better advice, please share.
Thanks...I just joined this site today.
- 0Nov 16, '08 by dec12ARBY
Who did you work for that let you work from home? I worked for Prime Solutions last year, but am looking for other companies to check out. A lot of the companies want you to travel to offices--been there done that and with the gas prices the way they are don't want to do that again.
- 0Nov 16, '08 by ARBYdec12, I, too, worked for PS from here in TX. I live way out in the middle of nowhere in West TX or I would have been glad to go to offices to review charts. When I did HEDIS for 3 years in So. CA, I went all over, occasionally to Palm Springs...a dirty job but somebody had to do it. Here in TX they were primarily in East TX. I'd met a couple of the ladies a couple of years ago when I went to Washington, DC to help with a project there and they seemed very professional and friendly.
I really liked working for them because they were so helpful if I had a ?? about something. Plus , it was really nice being able to work from home any time of the day or night.
Where are you?
- 0Nov 16, '08 by dec12ARBY
I am one of the nurses from Columbia, Mo. I wish PS was doing Hedis this year, but they are no more and the company that bought them out is not going to do Hedis this year. I am looking for other Hedis work at the moment, because of this. I had thought about the provider we worked for, but am not sure how to go about doing that. Any ideas? I will be glad to pass on any information that I discover.