Can't hear normal breath soundsRegister Today!
- by Nursebarebari Mar 18, '07Hi fellow nurses,
I feel embarassed to ask this question, but how can I know if I don't ask. Well, I have been a RN for three years, but I have never been able to hear normal breath sounds with a stethoscope. I always listen to each of my patients lung sound on daily assessments, but never hear any thing except for loud wheezing and rales from trach or asthma pts.
Is there a special technique Please help.
- Mar 18, '07 by csadamEither you need a better stethoscope, or all your non wheezing pts are diminished... IN ALL LUNG FIELDS.
Seriously try listening to your lungs with your stethoscope, if you don't hear anything get a new one!
- Mar 18, '07 by CritterLovernormal breath sounds are pretty subtle.
don't mean to sound like a smarty, but have you tried really paying attention?
i can remember having this problem when i was in school, and i just wasn't listening closely.
agree that it could be your stethascope, or maybe you need your hearing checked?
- Mar 18, '07 by EricJRNIf you get in the intercostal spaces (as opposed to on top of ribs), you may have more luck.
- Mar 19, '07 by sirI
- Mar 24, '07 by RNLULULABAMBAQuote from siri
good sites for hajiagambo
i tried using them tooLast edit by RNLULULABAMBA on Mar 24, '07
- May 17, '07 by pointeblanc23amazing sites... i also tried using them... helps me alot distinguishing all those different sounds although one could never master them all at once...Thanks