New Grad Salary - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 29 by bellabarbiegirlI am in Arizona and I heard you start at $25. I am trying to find a job in psych now so hopefully soon I will know for sure! Good luck!
- Feb 3 by algebra_demystifiedI would suggest you start wherever you can. Learn as much as possible on the job. Continue to study on your own. There are a ton of great youtube videos on behavioral psychology from Stanford that will help you frame what you learn on the job against the academic literature. Ask the psychiatrists for book recommendations. Read, study, learn, grow, build your resume. In a few years you will be writing your own ticket.
- Feb 4 by WantAccel.BSNI'm in NC, I'm a new grad, and just got a job at a local not-for-profit hospital on their psych unit. I'll be making $22.60/hr. plus $4 shift differential for nights. I have my BSN, but your pay doesn't change due to that. I do, however, think it makes it easier to get the job in the first place.
- Feb 5 by brneyegirl01I am a new grad in Arizona and was hired for a pool nursing position at a Juvenile Psych facility. Starting pay for pool is $30.35/hour plus shift differentials. If I recall correctly the starting pay for PT/FT is $27-29 hour plus shift diff.
- Feb 10 by EricaSAFJAFI have my ADN...base pay is 29.23...I was working nights getting diff of 3 dollars more but I moved to day shift so no diff...we're a private psych hospital and very progressive...at last meeting they said our last seclusion was almost a year ago! I live in Texas and cost of living is dirt cheap here...
- Feb 25 by 302queenim 27.50 3.00 shift differental
- Feb 25 by TerpGal02It depends on where you work. Right now I work for a non profit community agency that serves low income persons with severe mental illness. Most of our funding comes from billing Medicare and medicaid for services rendered, hence not great pay. I currently make $21 an hour. That is one of the highest salaries in the whole agency. I am about to start at a free standing private psych hospital, pay is 23/hr plus $4.00 hr shift differential. I'll be working mixed shifts. The salaries tend to be a little higher at acute care hospitals with a psych unit. Our state hospitals are salaried and I think its around 50 k per year.
- Feb 26 by MeriwhenCA...where I work, new grads start out in the mid $30s.