Which schools accept 4-unit Micro?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Which schools accept 4-unit Micro? in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Hi there allnurses! I was wondering if anyone knew schools that accept 4 unit micro instead of...by bluechick112 Aug 10, '09Hi there allnurses!
I was wondering if anyone knew schools that accept 4 unit micro instead of the 5 unit course? I've taken the 4 unit class and am signed up to take the 5 unit class this fall if I can't find any other schools that accept the lesser unit course.
Thanks to any and all who can help!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=414743©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 967 Views
- Aug 10, '09 by lightsnoiseIn California: Chico, East Bay, Fresno, Sac, SF, Dominican University, Samuel Merritt, USF...there's more, but here are some of the core schools.
- Aug 10, '09 by MyNameRNSan Diego State University as well.
- Aug 10, '09 by lightsnoiseQuote from Water83No, San Diego requires the 5 unit microbiology class that must be completeted with a B- or better...San Diego State University as well.
- Aug 11, '09 by MyNameRNQuote from lightsnoiseReally? I got my sources straight from their website: http://nursing.sdsu.edu/miscfiles/bs...ia-July09b.pdfNo, San Diego requires the 5 unit microbiology class that must be completeted with a B- or better...
I'm actually in the program at SDSU, so ... unless they changed the rules between 7/1/09 till now without updating their website?
- Aug 11, '09 by MotivatedOnewow...a 5 unit Micro?
- Aug 11, '09 by AZMOMO2Is it just because it needs to have a lab with it? Whats the reason for units? Its subjective I think. I am taking a 4 unit Micro. 3 for the class and 1 for the lab. Of course the program in Arizona I am in only requires Micro be a lab science.
- Aug 11, '09 by BrightenSDSU requires a 5 unit micro class-at least to my knowledge..... I am pretty sure its a 4 unit class with a lab which equals 5 units.
check assist.org - it actually might depend on the school you are taking it at. at my school the 5 unit micro will only transfer.
- Aug 11, '09 by lightsnoiseI got my information from assist.org...and dude a lot of sites don't update their information...Last edit by lightsnoise on Aug 11, '09 : Reason: Update
- Aug 11, '09 by MyNameRNTo the the original poster, I would definitely call the school of nursing and check. Seriously, the best people that can answer your question is the source itself.
A lot of info from assist.org isn't updated as well and in fact, one of the people at the the prospective student center told me to use TAP instead of assist.org when checking for transferring classes.