Online Microbiology course.....?
- 0Mar 10, '07 by paulaking1978Has anyone taken Microbiology on-line and if so, through which school? And how was the course, easy, hard, ?????
- 54,407 Views
- 0Mar 10, '07 by justme1972I am also curious of anyone that has taken Anatomy or Microbiology online and any challenges they faced by not having a real instructor for lecture. I've never taken a distance learning course so I am a little nervous about doing something like that, considering many of these courses are so expensive.
- 0Mar 10, '07 by Batman24I have attached a link that has some excellent advice in it. Good luck!!
- 0Mar 12, '07 by 12breakfreeQuote from paulaking1978I'm taking online micro through fccj. The course itself isn't that hard, but it also depends on your instructor how he or she teaches. Mine is a good one as far as her teaching technique. For the anatomy, I wouldn't suggest taking it online, because it covers more materials and somewhat harder than micro. I can't say that for sure, but I took mine on campus.Has anyone taken Microbiology on-line and if so, through which school? And how was the course, easy, hard, ?????
- 0Jan 14, '10 by Hootiemcfly EMT-PHey there,
In order to fulfill my nursing pre-req's I took an online Microbiology class through Red Rocks community college out here in Colorado. Because I teach in the EMS department at the college I didn't want to take an on campus class and end up with my students in the same room in the same capacity.
So, I took it online. It wasn't very difficult, but it was time consuming. (I took an accelerated 15 week version.) My professor, who's name I'm happy to provide if anyone is looking for the class, was FANTASTIC. Best I've had.
I had to purchase the text, the microscope, and the MBK home lab kit.
I also have those things if anyone is interested in them.
There are a lot of schools in Colorado that accept online Micro, I'm not sure about out of state. So you'd have to check with the school you're applying to. It's on my transcript not as an online class, but as Micro itself, so it might be able to slide through either way.
Please feel free to contact me with questions.....
- 0Jan 14, '10 by FineAgainI just finished A&P1 and Chemistry online at Red Rocks Community College, through CCC Online. I am taking A&P2 and Psych this semester, and Micro in the summer. I love the classes, and really learned a lot. You get out of it what you put into it, and I have heard that it is harder than a class you take in person. There is a lot of work, and it is all done by yourself, but the professors are great at answering and helping you any way they can.
Yes, they are more expensive if you are out of state, but it is one of the few places where you can take online lab courses. And they are wonderful to work with!
So...good luck to you!