Need help, what classes should I take
- 0Oct 28, '09 by kbm318Ok, so I'm still trying to get into nursing school but I'm running out of ideas for classes to take. I've already taken anatomy and physiology, microbiology, nutrition, math, psychology, and many other classes. My problem is I still have to schedule my classes for next semester and I have no idea what I should take to help me out for nursing school. Any ideas?
- 3,417 Views
- 0Oct 28, '09 by ser2011You could look at different programs and do the requirements for them also... like: Chemistry, Biology, Developmental Psychology...
When I didn't have any more courses to take, but still had to wait for the deadline for nursing school I just took a lot of Psychology courses...that way I had a minor!
- 0Oct 28, '09 by kbm318I guess I should have mentioned all the classes I have taken. It would probably be a lot easier. Well I've had 2 chem classes and 2 bio classes because it's part of my school's pre req list. I've also had normal psych as well as developmental psych. So I'm kind of stuck, I can take another psych class but that would only be one class because all the upper psych classes require more pre-reqs which I don't have.
- 0Oct 29, '09 by kbm318@ denaaa - I've thought about taking another language and it interested me but the only classes they offer at my school next semester are the 2nd year language classes so I wouldn't be able to get into them until next fall. So unfortunately taking another language next semester is out of the question.
@aleighc1 - I actually don't have a nursing advisor yet, because I'm still pre-nursing I have a normal school advisor. And I have tried talking to her but all she wants me to do is try and change my major and go into occupational therapy. So I don't really like talking to her that much I never seem to get anything accomplished. And as far as sociology and speech, I already have those classes as well, my advisor my freshman year swore up and down they were required but they weren't. So now I just have them as extras.
@ck29 2000- thanks, yea I've taken all the pre-req classes they require you to get in, heck I've even taken the classes that I'm allowed to take that the students don't normally take until they get into nursing school. And wow at the art prereq I've never heard of that one before its kind of funny.
I'm still going through the list of classes my school offers for next semester and I've only really found one class that might even help me once I'm in the program. It's a medical terminology class, does anyone know if this class would help me at all or is it just a waste of time? It's only 1 credit so I still have a bunch more classes to find.
- 0Oct 29, '09 by coffeeaftermidnightUnderstanding World Religions is an extra I'm taking as I feel as nurses we will touch the lives of many people with many different belief systems. Often we are there during times when they feel they need their faith the most. I thought it would be nice to have a basis of understanding so I'm taking that course currently.
Business management classes also wouldn't hurt, should you have the desire to move into a form of administration.