Thank you so much to anyone reading this right now...I really appreciate it!
I am a current sophomore at CSULB and would like to apply to their nursing program
for Spring 2010. The application period, I believe, is August 1 through September 15.
I calculated my points to be 8.697 points on their 10 point scale:
- My science GPA consists of two A's (Anatomy and Physio) and two B's (Micro and Chem)
- My TEAS score is decent, in the mid 80's for both math and general
- My general GPA consists of three A's (taken at CSULB) and one B (AP course credit in high school, in which I earned a "B" both semesters)
The thing is, I believe I am borderline (if even that) when it comes to getting into the program, based on the Application Pool Stats
. By the way, does anyone know if these stats apply to all qualified applicants, or just the ones accepted?
Here's what I plan to do for sure to raise my points:
- Take the TEAS again
Here are other options to raise my points:
- Take Micro again. Since the "B" in Micro has not yet been transferred from the community college I took it at, I can take Micro again at another college, over the summer.
- Or take the English class over the summer. Since it is listed only as "CR" in my transcript, I can take another class to override that grade (at least according to Academic Advising).
And here's where it gets tricky and perhaps somewhat random:
I really want to do the Disney College Program, which takes place from May 2009 to the beginning of January 2010. If I do this program, it would end right before the Spring '10 nursing program. I would not be able to take any summer courses, but I can take courses over the fall (nothing applicable to nursing though, since I will already have turned in my application by then). Here's the info about the program, in case anyone wants to see it: Disney College Program
The main reason I want to do this is for the experience. I've always wanted to work at Disney and never got the opportunity until now. If I don't do it now, I may never get a chance, at least not for a long time. I feel justified in wanting to do it because it seems like a good way to better myself in many ways (along with work and pay, they have a couple of courses they offer). I also feel like this is a good way to add more flair to my life, sorta like a last fling before the trials of the nursing program. :P
Anyway, my main concern right now is having a chance of getting into the nursing program. Since I will be taking the TEAS, I expect my 8.697 points will go up a bit. Should I take Micro again, or take English again? Or should I go for my dream of working for Disney over the summer and through the fall?
Any advice is greatly appreciated