Making it happen!Register Today!
- by 3rdgenRN2B Dec 27, '12Just registered to retake chem this spring (it expired). I'm on my way finally to make my dream a reality and am so excited!!!! Just wanted to share my happiness....
- Feb 17 by 3rdgenRN2BYeah, so, it didn't happen. Our family suffered a major setback at Christmas and I panicked and dropped chem. my hubby was offered a position as a cop which meant he would finally be able to have access to health insurance and I wouldn't have to provide it. That's what's been holding me back. It all fell through the day before his swearing in... So I dropped chem and kept pursuing my accounting degree.
Problem is I can't shake wanting to pursue nursing and am trying to muster up the confidence to just try. I feel that if I don't try I'll always feel this way - but I'm so afraid of not being able to do it. So I'm turning to the an community once again for advice...
- Feb 17 by smyleeRN2bI responded to your other post as well I don't know if you believe in God. Pray about it and allow Him to guide u. If it is His will He will open the door in His timing. It has to be His timing though. He has opened the door for me and guiding me each step of the way. You don't sound at peace about your accounting degree. Just make sure u don't rush into anything, your time is too precious. If you really want to Pursue nursing you should! You can start off with just one class, don't worry about the what ifs. It's better to try than to not try at all. It's not going to hurt u if you just start with your prereqs. Anything opportunity can open up for your family in time
- Feb 18 by 3rdgenRN2BI do believe- I just need to believe that what's meant to be will be. I'm scared that I'll find out its not meant to be and I'll have wasted 2 years in the meantime. I'm going to be 35 this year so I don't want to take too many chances. Accounting isn't my dream but at least I know I can finish the program. But what if I have this expensive degree and still want to be a nurse? That would suck. I'm so confused.
- Feb 18 by 3rdgenRN2BSo I just looked at the cc I would want to attend - and the schedule actually isn't that bad!! At least not the first semester. Maybe it's finally time to stop making excuses and just do it. Thanks for all the advice.
- Feb 18 by pamlepperHi! I am responding to your post because I feel like I am in the same situation as you! I have been pursuing a career in education for many years (I have four kids, and have been trying to finish my degree for many years). I am 36 years old, and just don't have the passion I once did for teaching. I work as a teaching assistant, but really want to be a nurse. I decided that I am going to go for it. I started this semester with my pre-reqs. I am going to school at night and working during the day. If you feel like the desire to be a nurse won't go away, you need to go for it! Is accounting a passion of yours? If not, then you should think of a career change. I felt nervous to change career choices, since I am close to finishing up my teaching degree, but that is not what I want to do and I know that if I did finish my teaching degree, I would always feel unsatisfied because I didn't go for nursing. Good luck!
- Feb 18 by smyleeRN2bI'm 35 and I know how u feel. I actually went back and forth about finishing my prereqs, I didn't want to leave the job I already have making over $30 hr, but I don't have a peace about staying in my current position. So, I'm walking in faith and pursuing my nursing degree