Kaplan Nursing Entrance Exam - Page 3Register Today!
- Sep 3, '10 by LorilouRNHi ndb0001,
No, all the math problems I saw on the exam were covered in the study guide. Nothing unexpected and nothing as in depth on my test as I saw in the study guide either, so the test was much easier. I think someone else mentioned it was like adding numbers with decimals and stuff like that. I ended up with an 84 on writing, 89 on math and 91 on reading (and the yucky 70 on science...bleh). The writing was simple grammar. Things like which sentence can be taken out of this paragraph because it doesn't belong or which sentence makes the paragraph seem repetitious or which sentence has a word spelled wrong, stuff like that. It's not much that you can really study for, which is, I guess, why they don't really have a section on it in the study guide.
No grats yet, I'll find out later this month. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Good luck on yours!
- Sep 22, '10 by cj4vI took the Kaplan test today. I found it much simpler than the Kaplan study guide. No chemistry, physics, geometry, or any real complex math at all. The math was pretty basic- decimals, percentages, and lots and lots of fractions. I think all of the questions were in story format. There is a link to a basic calculator that we were allowed to use.
Science was all anatomy and physiology. Reading comprehension was as presented in the study guide.
I was a little annoyed when I had a whole section on writing that the Kaplan study guide didn't cover AT ALL. In the writing section there were a couple questions on spelling, which the Kaplan guide spends a lot of time on, but most of it was grammar and essay structure.
In studying for this test, I wouldn't really recommend the Kaplan guide. A Cliff Notes book on basic math and anatomy and physiology I think would be sufficient, as it's hard to really study for reading comprehension and writing.
I personally found that I had PLENTY of time to complete the test. They allot 3 hours and I finished easily in 2.
My school counts the over all score and the math score. This is the first year they've used the Kaplan test (they used TEAS before). They said so far the average score is in the 80s. I got a 91% over all and 93% on the math, so I'm pretty happy. I find out in Oct whether or not I got in. Keeping my fingers crossed.
- Sep 24, '10 by txmamaof2ndb0001
I'm hoping to take the Kaplan for NCTC as well...are you for sure going to be able to sit for the test? I'm waiting to see if anyone with 9 points is able to sit yet...good luck to you
- May 30, '11 by ndb0001It's been awhile since I have been on the message board, but I wanted to see if anyone has recently taken the Kaplan nursing entrance exam and what they thought about it, particularly the science portion?
- Nov 13, '11 by StephaniesimpleDoes anyone know how long it took to get your scores back because I was told 3 weeks any chance I could receive them sooner or find out sooner
- Mar 13, '12 by CHESCCRPI took this exam today, and the scores were available immediately after I was done. Science was my most dismal subject, at a 65, but still higher than my school requires. Even with that score bomb, my overall was still an 89. We'll see...
- Oct 12, '12 by sgo1989Any specific study guides for the Kaplan Pre-Nursing Enterance Exam? Can't find any, but my school uses the Kaplan and I want to study specifically for this exam...not all Nursing Enterance Exam in general! Thanks (:
- Oct 12, '12 by vintagemotherQuote from sgo1989Kaplan has free study guides in their office, assuming you're talking about the LVN pre entrance exam. I do highly recommend studying, even though it wasn't super hard, it's good to be prepared.Any specific study guides for the Kaplan Pre-Nursing Enterance Exam? ..,but my school uses the Kaplan
The test had multiplication, division, addition and subtraction of fractions and decimals. Also had conversions of fractions to decimals and vice versa and working with percentages. The test was computerized and timed.
- Oct 12, '12 by sgo1989It's for entrance into a Registered Nurse program...
- Oct 12, '12 by Julesmama28We take the Kaplan here too (Colorado Mesa University) and I have to agree, the study guide is crap! Doesn't prepare you at all. I think I did the worst on science, and I've had a ton of science classes. Overall I got a 84%, but I think the averages are in the 70s. Don't stress about the math, it's simple. Science has very specific physiology questions and not much else. Grammar and language would be a good review. Such as: which sentence uses a comma incorrectly? Or pronoun, adjective, adverb placement. Reading comp is easy, just take your time cause you can't go back. It's all in computers and you get 3 hours to do it. It's nice that they give your printout as soon as your done, so you know how you did!
Good luck to those taking the Kaplan entrance exam soon!