Kaplan Entrance Exam Question
- 0Apr 20, '13 by dolphin1966In the Reading Comprehension, since I'm studying from a book and the test is digital, are they going to allow me to review the passage to answer the questions? Thank you in advance....
- 1,327 Visits
- 0Apr 20, '13 by MommaTyI didn't take the Kaplan test, I took the NLN and the book was also paperback. With the reading sections you still had the reading section on your screen with your questions below so you could scroll up and down for that passage. The test was also on the computer at the college. Good luck
- 0Apr 22, '13 by melc0305Math isn't my strong point either and I passed. The review book is actually good for the math section. I remember it had a lot of fractions - know how to add, subtract, mult, and divide fractions. Also know how to convert fractions to decimals and vice versa. We were allowed to use the calculator on the computer so it really wasn't too bad. Good luck!
- 0Apr 24, '13 by Strive2SurviveWhen are you taking the test? I'm taking it 4/30 so if you're taking it after that I will be more than happy to try and give you an idea of what to expect...I know how frustrating this all can be and the KNAT is apparently too new for there to be much information out there!
- 0May 6, '13 by Strive2SurviveSorry for the delay! I passed the Kaplan with an overall score of 86%!
But now to the important stuff...
Math was fairly easy, of you study using the Kaplan study guide you will be more than prepared...it's basically fractions, ratios, and dosage calculations.
The NLN study guide helped me more with the reading and writing. The writing was a lot of "where does this sentence fit in?" Or "which word is incorrect?" The reading is just as it is in both study guides but a lot easier! There are 4 passages to read and then you answer a few questions about each.
The science was basically A&P 2 stuff. I wouldn't use the study guides for the science because it pretty much adds in Chem and physics and that would be a waste of time. I would study from old A&P course notes or just thoroughly review the systems. There were quite a few cardiac system questions as well as digestive and then a few from the other systems.
Overall if you use a study guide other than the Kaplan study guide and brush up on body systems, you should be all set for the exam!!
Good luck! If you have any other questions just let me know...