Just reigstered for Spring!!Register Today!
- by mandaleni23 Nov 1, '11Hi everyone!
Just registered for Anatomy & Physiology and Nutrition for the Spring. I am really looking forward to it! I am currently taking Inorganic Chemistry and I CAN'T WAIT to get into the life sciences! (Physical science is so boring to me.)
Is anyone else eager to zip through the rest of this semester and dive into their spring classes??
Also, any tips for A&P study would be much appreciated. I've reviewed the forums for some suggestions, but it's always a good idea to get fresh information. Thanks!
- Nov 1, '11 by gamecock_24I just wanted to say good luck next semester. I am currently taking Organic Chemistry II and understand the boring nature of Chemistry, although we are getting involved with structures that are related to medicine and the life sciences. I am considered a second degree student, graduating with my first degree this December and I will be starting my nursing program in January.
Anyway as for advice about Anatomy and Physiology, make sure to stay on top of the material, do not wait until the last minute to study because there is a ton of information to learn. Also everything builds upon everything especially in the beginning of Anatomy and Physiology I, so stay on top of the material. Another AN member just posted a great website under the pre-nursing forum to help in studying the material.
Here is the link to the post (I want to make sure that member gets credit for finding it ) http://allnurses.com/pre-nursing-stu...my-535747.html
Here is the link: http://anatomyandphysiologyquiz.com/
What helped me the most in studying for Anatomy and Physiology was making my own notes and rewriting them. That was the only way I could learn. I also tried to understand the physiology behind what was happening in the body (not just memorizing).
- Nov 1, '11 by mandaleni23Thanks for your suggestions! Good link, too! I'm a second degree student, too! I definitely feel like I'm starting over, and I haven't really had any "hard" science classes in a while. I'll take any help I can get.
- Nov 2, '11 by AaronsMommyxxI want to finish this semester as soon as I can also, to get a head-start into my pre-reqs!!!! I'm not taking A&P until Fall but just study as explore different ways to study to see what works best for you & you will do fine.
- Nov 2, '11 by kestradaAwesome! Good luck! I myself am starting my pre reqs for the nursing program I'm applying for this Spring All enrolled and ready to go! I'm SO excited and ready to get started. I'll be taking math, english, psy, and bio. Again, good luck!
- Nov 2, '11 by NellieOlsenI register on Monday, and I'm excited too!
- Nov 3, '11 by princesspolamaluHi Everyone! This is my first post though I have been "lurking" for several months now lol! I just registered for my pre- req's for the spring semester and I am extremely excited yet nervous. This is my second shot at college. I don't think I was mature enough out of high school, but now 13 years out, 10 years waiting tables, and a 9 year old son later I'm ready to give this college thing a go. I'm starting out with an 18 cr. semester (Yikes) but I have a decent support system at home and am going to be reducing from full time work to only two shifts per week. Good luck to everyone in their studies!