I need Nursing school advice!Register Today!
- by bmclau2 May 9So I was admitted to Georgian Court University's nursing program (BSN). I was also admitted into Emory University (undergraduate). Emory is giving me the most money however I would be able to start as an official nursing major at Georgian Court University. I don't know if I should attend GCU because of fact that I can start my nursing courses and no longer have to worry about do prerequisites....but Emory university has a really good nursing program and I wouldn't mind working hard to get into their nursing program.
Please I need advice!
- 787 Views
- May 10 by chrisrn24You're a rising freshman? Or are you already an RN?
- May 10 by 203bravohaving lived in atl for some time --- i would personally opt for emory
- May 10 by EndowedHave you taken your Pre Requisities already?
If you have then I feel Emory is the best option. You just can't go wrong with Emory. It's worth the hassle, struggle, and money if you do have a degree with them.
Wish you the best in your decision.
- May 10 by meg2014I would go to whichever one is the best school and gives you the most skills to carry with you to your nursing career. Even if it takes longer to do prerequisites at Emory, it will be worth it in the end. Plus it sounds like the one your really interested in so I say go for it!! Good luck in whatever you decide to do!
- May 10 by bmclau2I am a sophomore
- May 10 by Nurse2BeInGAI have never even heard of Georgian Court University, although that doesn't mean it is not a good school. I did just look at the website for about two seconds, and it said it's strong point is liberal arts. Just check to make sure it is accredited through all of the right channels before you invest a lot of time and money there. Personally, if I had a choice between the two, I would take Emory in a heartbeat. At the end of the road, they both will say BSN or whatever degree you will receive and you will take the same NCLEX as everyone else, but the HR departments might look a little more favorably on a degree from Emory.Last edit by Nurse2BeInGA on May 10
- May 11 by zoe92I have a brother at Emory med school & know how amazing it is. But, if you are already accepted as an actual nursing student at one specific school, I would go to that school. Being pre nursing does not automatically get you into the nursing program. Good luck, I know it is a tough decision!
- Oct 1 by rakcnaGeorgian court's school of nursing is pretty new. I think they opened in 2007/2008. I went there as a freshman (BSW), and it's really nice. They are very supportive of students, and are also a good college experience.
Another pro of Georgian Court is its affiliation with Meridian Health Network. I heard that many students get jobs this way. Meridian's pretty good. Also, there are more facilities there.
I don't know about Emory.
By the way, if you go to GC, you'll need a car or someone in class with a car because there isn't reliable public transportation in that part of NJ.