Grades are great except for one prereq!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Grades are great except for one prereq! in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I'm in the process of applying for fall 2013 BSN programs (NYU, Stony Brook, Drexel, Thomas...by futurenurse912 Dec 29, '12I'm in the process of applying for fall 2013 BSN programs (NYU, Stony Brook, Drexel, Thomas Jefferson, Binghamton) and am really confused. I did well in majority of my classes except for chemistry II.
A+P 1: B+
A+P 2: A
Gen. Psych: A
Abnormal Psych: A
Gen. Chem 1: B-
Gen. Chem 2: C!!
I'm going to be finishing my prereqs this semester (Sociology, developmental psych, org. chem) but am now wondering should i even apply to these schools? my overall GPA is a 3.6, the chemistry brought it down from a 3.75.
I volunteer and a top hospital in NYC and do psychology research, I feel confident but just don't want to pursue these schools and be rejected because of one class.
Should i still apply? do i still have a chance?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=804950©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 750 Views
- Dec 29, '12 by stephanneYes still apply!
- Dec 29, '12 by Compassion_xOf course you should still apply! One C is okay, I promise. I have a 3.5 cumulative and got in to the two schools I applied to.
- Dec 30, '12 by x_factorYou'll be fine, still apply! Many school's hold extra weight on the sciences, but all of your sciences are fine except one, so you'll be fine. Apply, and good luck to you!
- Dec 30, '12 by SopranoKrisDon't let it hold you back. Your overall GPA is still great! Go for it
- Dec 30, '12 by princesax11Before opening this I thought you failed a class or something! You still have a 3.6 GPA (which is great!). Don't forget you still have 3 classes left and if you get a A in them it will boost your GPA back up. So don't be too discouraged!
- Jan 2 by futurenurse912Thanks everyone!!! These replies made my day!!!
- Feb 24 by futurenurse912Got into Drexel and they gave me a dean's scholarship! Thanks for your support and telling me to still apply! still waiting on other schools, has anyone gotten acceptances?
- Feb 25 by SopranoKrisCongratulations!!!! That's wonderful news I'm still waiting on acceptance. Won't know until the last week of April. The wa-ai-ting is the hardest part!!!!
- Feb 25 by futurenurse912I know! the waiting is the worst part! I hate that some schools don't give you a decision till may. I think I'm going to give in the Drexel deposit just incase the other schools are late with the letters. Best of luck to you!