Feeling the pressure
- 1Hello, my name Tina. I am 24 years old and have been attending university for little over a year now. I am finally finishing the last of my prerequisites=). I just applied to my schools nursing program and am feeling the pressure/ nervousness. I dont think I will get accepted though because my overall score on the Kaplan was a 74. I got a 90 in the science section, but I need to brush up on my math a bit. Anyone else feeling the pressure/ nervousness? How do you deal with it? How do you deal with other people's negativity, especially from other pre-nursing students? Thank you for your time and thoughts=)
- 0I am applying to a BSN program as well. It is so tough to get in, most who apply to my school have 3.75-3.9-> and a Kaplan score of at least 80. It is also hard because I do not know anyone here as I am a transfer student. It is nice to be able to talk to other pre-nursing students who are supportive of one another. There are many pre-nursing students at my school who are just plain nasty!
- 0Oct 3, '13 by Mandy0728Thank you! I hope you get in as well & please don't give up! If I don't get in, I'm just going to suck it up & apply for summer lol. I'm a transfer student too & I feel your pain. I made 3 friends in my A&P II lab but in every other class, I feel like a loner cuz everyone lives there & knows one another. It's hard yet keeps me focused.
- 0Yes, I am nervous about how hard it will be. I have heard the transition from prerequisite courses to nursing courses can be a shock. They do try to ease the students in as far as clinicals go so I have heard. My current gpa is good right now, hopefully my last prerequisite I am taking this semester doesn't ruin it. My school goes by prerequisite gpa, Kaplan test scores (science and overall only), and in progress vs. completed prerequisites.
- 0Oct 4, '13 by Mandy0728Quote from ada_jsu'14Where did you apply if you don't mind me asking? My school only looks at GPA as well & I think you're the first person that I've seen on here that has the same thingI also applied to a bsn program for Spring. I am not that nervous of being accepted because my school accepts strictly by gpa, and I kinda have a decent one. What am nervous about is the program itself, as in, how hard can it be?