college advice!?Register Today!
- by dyslexicandetermined Nov 7, '11hello!
i was woundering if anyone went or knows people that went to the following colleges:
fitchburg state college
salem state university
(colleges i am looking at going to for a major in nursing for undergrad)
i was hoping to get more insight on these colleges. If you know anything about one of the colleges listed let me know. any info. would be good!
thank you for your time!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=638727©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 874 Views
- Nov 8, '11 by jngo91Nope. I got a cheap state school. Why go to a big shot university if I can get the same education at a cheaper price. :]
- Nov 8, '11 by LetLiveI know someone at Northeastern. She is a nursing major, and really is enjoying it as far as I know.
- Nov 11, '11 by dyslexicandeterminedthank you!
does anyone know a details of these colleges?
- Dec 2, '11 by sas92Hi! I am a sophomore in Quinnipiac's nursing program, and I love it here. unfortunately, i have to transfer because I am just realizing how expensive it is...and since I live in Mass, I am also realizing that I would rather to go a school close to Boston so I can work at a hospital in Boston.
So if I had any advice for you, it would be go to a school that you/your family can afford without trouble and one that is near where you live/want to work. I am hoping to transfer to Salem State if i get in because they have a good program and its near Boston.
If you get into Umass Amherst's program, UPenn, Northeastern, or BC, I would suggest go to one of those definitely! Those are amazing schools and have some of the best nursing programs in the country pretty much. I know someone who goes to Northeastern and BC and they love it. Northeastern is awesome because they get to do co-op, but you go to school an extra year. when you do co-op at the best hospitals in boston, you will most likely get a job at one of them when you graduate.
Other than those schools, which are worth the money, I would go to a state school over quinnipiac especially if you live in mass. I thought about applying to Fitchburg but didn't like the area, so i chose Salem.
Sorry that was so long but hope it helped!
- Dec 3, '11 by crackleI am applying to most of those schools. There is a big discrepancy between UPENN and FSU and Salem State, I wouldn't apply to Penn unless you're sure you really have a shot. It's an ivy.
- Dec 7, '11 by dyslexicandeterminedThanks for your advice! I am now just looking at colleges in mass. But I still am thinking about applying to PENN. Any other advce would be great!