Chem study help please!Register Today!
- by illusion9376 Jun 13I'm in general chemistry and balancing equations is one of my major downfalls right now. Im probably going to look into tutoring at my college, but was wondering if you all knew any online help I could find?
Basically making equations from words then balancing them is where I'm having trouble.
Thanks in advance!!Last edit by illusion9376 on Jun 13
- Jun 13 by righteousjennKahnacademy.org
- Jun 13 by illusion9376I actually have their app. Great for balancing, not so great for going from written to formula then balancing. :/
- Jun 13 by SopranoKrisIf you don't know how to go from a written chemical name to a formula, then I suggest you look up nomenclature quizzes. There are many online.
I'm assuming you're having trouble with "lead acetate combines with potassium hydroxide to produce..." , type questions. Is that correct?
Pb(C2H3O2)3 + 3 KOH ---> Pb(OH)3 + 3 KC2H3O2
- Jun 13 by ♫patiently_waiting❤I thought it was just me. That's where I had trouble in chem. I knew how to balance the equations fine after alot of help from my professor, but I had no clue how to write the formula from word problems :/ To this day I'm still iffy about it. That was the worst part of chem for me.
- Jun 13 by chrissylovegoodAs crazy as it sounds I used YouTube for help in my chemistry class. I only had lecture one day a week so it was very fast. I got an A. You can do it
- Jun 13 by AlisonisayoshiCliff Notes Chem Study Solver
- Jun 13 by illusion9376Yes! Nomenclature. Thanks so much for the help. It's so hard to convert between them. I know I'm not the only one having issues, as she mentioned that it was the one part of the first exam almost everyone fails.