Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing-FNP Program - Page 9Register Today!
- Jul 20, '10 by oldschool.13hello all! I am going to apply at Frontier for the Feb. 2011 class. I have my RN and my BS in health mgmt. My gpa is right at a 3.0. I have volunteer experience, home health and only 1 year hospital. Can anyone tell me what my acceptance chances look like? I would greatly appreciate it?
- Jul 22, '10 by LoveANurse09I think you sound like a good candidate! What program are you applying for? I'm hoping to apply for that class as well, but the MSN bridge.
- Jul 22, '10 by oldschool.13I am going to apply to the FNP program. Yourself?
- Jul 24, '10 by LoveANurse09I'm still trying to decide between CNM or CNM/FNP.
- Jul 26, '10 by ShannonRN2010I was invited to apply for the ADN-MSN bridge class starting in March. I am hoping that the fact that I was an LPN for 8 years prior to getting my RN degree, and the fact that I am working, will help me with admission.
- Sep 15, '10 by applesRNHi Everyone!
I am finishing up my RN to BSN with a minor in Psych, and I have been approved for dual enrollment, so I will have 9 grad level credit hours to transfer. How difficult is it to transfer credit hours? I have seen the website, but I would like personal experience. My GPA is 3.7 currently, towards the end of my BSN program. I don't remember what my ADN GPA was.... it's been 11 years.
I have a few schools in mind, and wasn't really considering Frontier until recently. Is it still associated with Case Western Reserve?
- Oct 17, '10 by BurntOutRNi want to apply for the the MSN FNP but i haven't had a statistics course (wasn't included in my BSN). Does anyone know if i can take statistics while i'm in the program? I know the website says they offer it online but i don't know if i would have to complete it first before i apply or if i can be admitted to the program first and just take it along with my other classes.
- Oct 18, '10 by LoveANurse09I believe it can be taken along with the other classes.
- Oct 19, '10 by HappyNurse2005Quote from BurntOutRNI do not know for sure, but i think statistics has to be completed prior to starting classes. I think you can apply before it's completed though. Please call them and make sure.i want to apply for the the MSN FNP but i haven't had a statistics course (wasn't included in my BSN). Does anyone know if i can take statistics while i'm in the program? I know the website says they offer it online but i don't know if i would have to complete it first before i apply or if i can be admitted to the program first and just take it along with my other classes.
You can take the statistics class at frontier-it's only 12 weeks, and no on campus involved.
Good luck! It's a great school. I'm in my first term of the bridge program and loving it. I have four kids and a full time job and am holding As in both classes. (of course this is only the 4 th week sonfar)
- Oct 20, '10 by oldschool.13Happy Nurse 2005,
Do you have any info. about Frontier. I am really considering the FNP program. anything helps. I'm not sure about my chances. I am also very new to this site. Please let me know. Thanks!