Starting School MondayRegister Today!
- by nursenary57 Jul 19, '06Hey guys,
I'm starting my anesthesia program Monday, July 24th. To say I'm nervous yet excited would be quite an understatement. The percentages on each are variable, just like Owen Wilson said in the launch scene from Armageddon "I've got that excited scared feeling. But 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe its more, it could be 2, it could be 98% scared 2% excited. Thats what makes it so intense, cause its so confused. I can't really figure it out." Yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me.
I'm attending Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia in Madison. It is a 28 month front loaded program. First twelve months is majority of classes along with clinical 3 days a week. Last 16 months is OR all the time. First 5 weeks is an intense pre-OR orientation that introduces us to settig up the OR and the anesthesia machine. We also recert in ACLS, PALS, and 12 lead EKGs.
If anybody out there is gonna be a classmate of mine, drop me a line. I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes. Good luck to those in or trying to get in.
- 1,564 Views
- Jul 19, '06 by Miss VonI have my fingers crossed for you. Keep us posted on how your first week goes. I'll be in the same boat come August 14th. I definitely know the scared excited feeling. It's comforting to know that so many before us felt the same way and did GREAT!. Keep God first and I wish you well.
- Jul 20, '06 by als4fGood Luck!!!! I know that you are going to be very successful and exceed even your expectations! Let me know how it is. I have sent in my application and I am taking the CCRN exam next Thursday. Wish me luck and good luck to you! (But you don't need luck- you are brilliant!)
- Jul 21, '06 by dfkgood for u.. kick butt.. let us know what's good and not so good..
not to be repetitive, but good luck..
- Jul 23, '06 by laurestarting school monday as well--glad to know i'm not the only one slightly freaked-out-excited...just wish it'd get here already as the unknown always seems much worse than the reality winds up being
2 days and 28 months to go...
- Jul 24, '06 by darienblythe79Today's the day! Best of luck to you as you take on this new endeavor!
- Jul 24, '06 by NaomieRNGood luck to you.
- Jul 24, '06 by TRUITJIEAll the best! Supposed to be stydying for a test tommorrow, but I discovered this site. Remember the crew in Armageddon made it!
- Jul 25, '06 by szndangaSo how did it go? Great, I hope. I'm counting down to my first day. I start at University of Michigan-Flint on Aug 22. Anybody from Michigan schools around here? Holla!
- Jul 27, '06 by nursenary57I'll update you guys on the weekend. Kind of busy right now!