UH MEPN 2012 - Page 17Register Today!
- Mar 22, '12 by DC275I'm in the same boat. I have two young ones and I didn't apply to anywhere else.
- Mar 22, '12 by lizzyp2004@DC275, I am indeed from the islands too. I am actually on the Big Island working at the University.
@NHmama, sorry to hear the result. I do wish you luck in your future endeavors.
I actually have yet to go home from work to see if I have received mail. @NHmama & DC275, you both are amazing for wanting to pursue higher education with little ones around. I give you much props!!!
In my case, I applied to very few schools due to the whole class expiration for mainland schools (5 years) or not having classes transfer or any recent experience in the health field (as I currently work in the Education field). I was not accepted to the school I really wanted to go to (Seattle U) and Manoa is the last school I am waiting to hear from. This will actually help me determine what my next steps are in terms of either attending manoa, or going back to community college to retake and take new courses to apply to more schools this upcoming application season and possibly look into more health occupation fields.
I really wish the best of luck to everyone and the continued support and guidance that everyone shares.
@DC275 and NHmama, do you both have back up plans considering that both of you only applied to UH Manoa? I think that ever since i turned in applications last Nov-Dec, coming up with a back up plan for myself has been extremely difficult.
- Mar 22, '12 by lizzyp2004Does anyone know how I can use the PM option on this site? I seem to be able to receive PMs but i'm unable to send any messages out? :0( What does it mean to have 15 successful posts?
- Mar 22, '12 by NHmamathanks for your reply and encouraging words @lizzyp2004.
i feel you on the back up plan. it was very very hard but something did come up for me which was casually confirmed today. nothing related to furthering my education but definitely something to help me in life experiences and something to hold me over until i apply again in October.
now i just can't stop wondering WHY i wasn't accepted. i'd like to apply again but it would be nice to know if i wasn't accepted due to something specific, so i can better determine if it its something in my control, or beyond my control.
again, wishing everyone all the luck possible at this point!
- Mar 22, '12 by DC275I don't have a back up plan so far as other schools. I will apply again next year if not accepted. @NHmama, it would be really nice to know why applications weren't accepted. After all, we put everything into the ones we did this year so it is impossible what to know needs altering or improvement for next year. I genuinely believe that there is a time and place for everything so if I don't get in this year, I will take it as I am supposed to be doing something else for now. @ lizzyp2004, thank you for your kind words. It will be more than a challenge for sure but well worth it in the end. Good luck to you!
- Mar 22, '12 by tsiparehtI thought there were suppose to be phone calls if you got in? I guess those who didn't get in got rejection letters?
- Mar 22, '12 by tsiparehtHas there anybody got an acceptance letter or a phone call to be accepted?
- Mar 23, '12 by DC275I got in.
- Mar 23, '12 by bluecloudI have not received anything yet....will let you all know when I do.
- Mar 23, '12 by bluecloud@DC275 Congratulations!