UH MEPN 2012 - Page 15Register Today!
- Mar 20, '12 by lizzyp2004For those not living in Hawaii, during Spring break all University of Hawaii Campuses are on "Green Week", which means that they will be closed for the most part. So I believe...we will hear from them by the end of this week, if not :0/ first week of April. This week seems to be a bit LONGER than how a typical work week would go. I hope everyone is hanging in there as I am trying to keep a cool head and just take each day as it comes.
- Mar 20, '12 by NHmamahey guys,
i did email Shannon and just got his reply regarding when letters will be sent out:
"Our goal and hope is that the admit and deny letters will be mailed out this month or early April at the latest. UH will be closed next week due to Spring Break and mandatory furlough of staff members.
We thank you for your patience in this matter."
let's all assume we'll be notified AFTER spring break (beginning of april) and enjoy the week off from classes or hopefully work
- Mar 21, '12 by DC275Thank you for emailing them, I appreciate all the updates. The fact that April is even mentioned is a strong indicator that the letters aren't going to be received this week, but we can hope!
- Mar 21, '12 by lizzyp2004is anyone on here waiting on this program? as in getting or not getting in the program will determine your next step and you are on hold until you find out?
- Mar 21, '12 by bluecloudyes, that would include me.
- Mar 21, '12 by MissHollandThis is crazayyyyy! Lol! I just graduated from undergrad this week so I'm distracted with happiness but I was really hoping we would hear from HI this week as well!!
- Mar 21, '12 by bluecloud@MissHolland, Congratulations!!!! That's wonderful news!
- Mar 21, '12 by wpolorockerI'm really frustrated by UH. I really wanted to go there, but I have had three other schools require deposits already. I guess it's always a gamble, but I had to put down a deposit at Marquette. At this point I won't be going to UH even if I get in. Good luck to all of you!
- Mar 21, '12 by lizzyp2004@wpolorocker: what other universities did you apply to and did they have similar requirements to UH (without the 5 year exp on science courses)? For me, waiting for UH determines if I start making a back up plan to re-take courses (if needed esp science courses) and start doing research again for other universities who offter Master's Entry programs (as new applications for the following year will be up in a couple months). I kind of wish I had a counselor at this point to help me guide through this process (it's like Junior/Senior Year in High School ALL over again). Does anyone have advice for me???
@MissHolland, Congrats on your graduation!!! Where are you from?