Summer Entry 2013 Accelerated BSN/MSN Johns Hopkins - page 16
by nautica193 86,779 Views | 446 Comments
Hi everyone, How many of you have applied for the 2013 Accelerated BSN/MSN program at JHU SON? I applied early decision and completed my phone interview on the 26th. They said they will start making decisions calls around... Read More
- 0Jan 22, '13 by MR4444Congrats to everyone who got in
I am a lurker who is considering applying ED to the Fall Accelerated BSN-MSN. I was wondering how you are (or are planning to pay) for Hopkins? I am pretty shocked by the price tag. I really want to apply ED but don't want to get stuck if I can't pay for it!
Thanks so much for any help!
- 0Jan 24, '13 by afent002Hello everyone. I am new to this site. I have submitted by application for regular decision for the BSN/MSN family nurse prac program at Hopkins and I am trying to connect with others who applied to see if people have heard anything or got any calls for interviews. Good luck to you all
- 0Jan 25, '13 by FingersCross'dHi Afent002,
So far only the early decision applicants have heard back. I applied for Summer entry regular decision and it seems that we will all find out on March 1st. Are you a fall-start applicant? I am not certain about the timeline for your application process, but if it is anything like the Summer start, you will be invited to interview about two-three weeks after you submit your application. It's very possible that the timeline is different for fall-start applicant, though.
Evreyone else, does that sound relatively accurate?
In any case- best of luck!! I hope you find out soon The waiting game is the worst part.
- 0Jan 25, '13 by hopefulnurse24Hey FingersCross'd, that sounds accurate. The only thing I want to add is that I called yesterday and they said we would hear BY March 1st... they don't have a definitive timeline. So basically, since they alert you of their decision by phone call, you just have to keep your phone near you, set up an active voicemail account, and wait patiently! They alert those who didn't get in by letter only (no phone call, for obvious reasons). I submitted my application at the beginning of October and they notified me about a week later that they wanted me to set up an interview. I interviewed around Halloween. My application has been considered complete since then. So now, I'm just waiting patiently (or impatiently, I guess you could say )!
- 4Jan 25, '13 by cnp2012hopefulnurse24 is correct, you will hear NO LATER than March 1st but it could be sooner it just all depends on when your application is done making its rounds through the admissions committee. Many people read through the applications so it does take time and this application cycle a high number of applications are being processed plus there is major backlog from the few days lost due to Hurricane Sandy and the extension of deadlines, I work in the admissions office as my work study so I am not just making this up, I answer these questions from many prospective students all the time. If it helps when I applied last year I was regular decision (submitted my app fairly close to the 1/15 deadline) and I got my acceptance phone call on 2/23/12 (yes I remember the date haha). I know the waiting game sucks, just try to relax and not think about it.
- 1Jan 26, '13 by hopefulnurse24I understand! I'm just trying to take it all on a day by day basis. I made myself sick with worry and anxiety when I was waiting for the Penn interview decisions, and my specialty ended up being notified on the dead last day that they were doing it, and I ended up being invited to interview... and after that, I told myself NEVER AGAIN! I was literally checking my email every 5 minutes, like a crazy person haha. I jumped every time I heard my phone go off with a new email, and was reading this website obsessively. NEVER AGAIN!
- 1Jan 26, '13 by FingersCross'dAh! I did the same thing waiting for UPenn! And earlier for JHU's post-interview decision (I was originally told 4-6 weeks because they gave me the early decision deadline). But now I've decided to be calm. But of course there are always butterflies