Lehigh Valley Graduate Nurse Internship
- 0Aug 13, '11 by ashleyisawesomeHi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone has any info on the Lehigh Valley GN internships. I'm going to St. Luke's School of nursing right now, and I dont graduate for a year, but I'm trying to make a plan of what i wanna do when i graduate. I really have my heart set on eventually working in a PICU... I love the ICU and I also love peds. So I would really like to get into the LVH Critical Care internship upon graduation. I am going to do my best to try to get ICU for my preceptorship and hopefully that will help. Anyone know how competitive the internships are? I will be graduating in August, so that may be good or bad. no one else in the area will graduate at that time, but its just 3 months after the other colleges graduate so maybe they wont be running the intern program at that time?
Anyone with any info about these internships please share! I'm curious! thanks.
- 9,944 Visits
- 1Aug 13, '11 by nurse-not-murseIf you want to work for LVH, you should have applied for their scholarship which they offer in the sping for graduate to start in the summer. This is the main pool of people they take for the graduate slots. There are alot of nurses leaving LVH and the units to go back to school and go else where to get paid more money. They really want BSN nurses only to keep magnet status so you graduating from st. lukes may not cut it, you should try to get a job with st. lukes considering you are already there
- 0Aug 25, '11 by ASRNBSN11What are the chances of being hired into the internship if I've been called back for a second interview with a unit director? Any help is VERY appreciated!! I would love to work at LVH. I currently have an offer in NJ for a different residency. The program starts before I will be interviewed again at LVH so I would hate to turn the NJ offer down, only to be rejected at LVH. Please help!!
- 0Oct 20, '11 by Im a PepperHi all!
Has anyone interviewed for the GN internship at LVHN? I have a group interview scheduled and I'd like to hear about the process from people who have gone through it. What was the group interview format like? What kind of questions were asked?
Also, if you've worked at Lehigh Valley as a graduate nurse, what are your thoughts?
Thanks in advance
- 0Oct 22, '11 by RhinoRocketRNI didn't come here as a GN but as an RN I can tell you that the orientation process is EXCELLENT. It is a wonderful network, that truely cares about having competent nurses to provide the best care to their patients and orientation indeed prepares you to fit that role.