Anyone Starting At UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing?Register Today!
- by ChristineN Apr 16, '06This thread is for anyone who is trying to get into, currently at, or graduated from Shadyside School of Nursing in Pittsburgh!
- Apr 16, '06 by ChristineNI have just put in my application and will be taking the PSB entrance exam on the 29th. I'm applying for the Aug class, full-time.
- Apr 16, '06 by steelcityrnGood luck to you, thats a great hospital based program. I am a St. Francis grad myself, and I am very glad I started my education at a hospital based school, you get a edge on clinicals. Have worked with many nurses from Shadyside, they were all awesome! Keep in touch.....GO Pirates
- Apr 18, '06 by luvmypatientsHi,
I am a second year at Shadyside. If you have any questions or want any info let me know!! Shadyside is an AWESOME school!!
- Apr 18, '06 by ChristineNThanks Jenn, I'm a little nervous about the entrance exam. My grades are good and all, but I hear it's pretty tough!
- Apr 18, '06 by gr8rnpjtWelcome to UPMC! I work for the Health Plan, but I did not go to the school.
I am a Sewickley grad myself! Good luck!
- Apr 18, '06 by luvmypatients:roll Hi,
You will be fine. I took it after being out of school for 12 years and did fine. It was a lot of word problems, reading comprehension and basic sciences. Things like what does a carbohydrate do? Hopefully they have not changed it since I took it.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I have my last 2 finals for this semester tonight and then I am off until May 2nd. I am in the evening weekend program.
- Apr 20, '06 by tookewlandyI will be taking the PSb exam at UPMC shadyside on the 29th..IM nervous what is this test like for anyone who has taken it
- Apr 26, '06 by ChristineNBump
- Apr 29, '06 by ChristineNI took the PSB today. I didn't think the math, verbal, or reading was that bad, but the science :uhoh21:!! Thank goodness I've had A&P and nutrition otherwise I wouldn't have known a lot of those. Still, what was with the electricity questions?