Help i need patient education handoutsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Help i need patient education handouts in Patient Education, part of General Nursing ... I worked at a hospital with Krames on Demand which I loved, I worked at a hospital with our own...by ajohnson8407 Dec 19, '09I worked at a hospital with Krames on Demand which I loved, I worked at a hospital with our own patient educator just call her up and she does the teaching and brings the handouts. I am big on educating my patients so they don't end up here again. I work on a pediatric floor and the hospital that i work at has no patient education access anywhere. I am forced to go online to find anything and most of the information goes over the parents' head. does anyone know a free patient education website to print out handouts.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=445470©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 8,040 Views
- Dec 21, '09 by coffeenteamedlineplus.gov has alot of informations that maybe of help to you.
- Dec 27, '09 by stormforcehttp://www.midyorks.nhs.uk/Patients+...e+leaflets.htm
try here for information about procedures
- Dec 27, '09 by RN BSN 2009is it general medsurg peds or a peds specialty?
- Dec 28, '09 by cheertt2womenshealth.gov and girlshealth.gov
- Jan 2, '10 by thuylam09yeah medlineplus.gov is a great website. it has a lot of info .
- Feb 8, '10 by franlondonIf what you are looking for is not on MedlinePlus, try the Emily Center at Phoenix Children's Hospital.
- Feb 9, '10 by TalldiNYHello,
The last few places I have worked have had the Carenotes system. As a rehab RNwe had to do a lot of pt/family ed. Now I work on a diabetes/dialysis unit. They have good information on procedures, different dialgnostic groupings, medications and "how to's".
Use the medlinepluss also.
- Feb 6, '11 by Finally2008You might want to be careful giving out information from the internet. For example this is noted at the bottom of some of the articles on Medline Plus:
"Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited."
Read through this, also: