How to prepare for the fluRegister Today!
- by pink_shoes99 Oct 20, '11It is that dreaded time of year, and it is my first time working in a clinic during the season. I know washing hands is a must and I've already been vaccinated, but does anyone have any other tips or precautions on how I can keep from getting the flu and/or bringing it home to my family? Thanks!
- Oct 20, '11 by classicdamekeep masks in your pocket in case you around someone with the sniffles or a cough or a temp. Not eveyone gets those sx with the flu, but if you get sick with something else your resistance to the flu is down. Eat right, get sleep and hope for the best. About all any of us can do
- Oct 20, '11 by Mom2boysRNEat a balanced diet, get plenty of rest, lots of water, and the stuff that the others said. I love alcohol based hand sanitizer for cold/flu season. Last year when everyone was sick I used it like crazy (in addition to hand washing) and was able to avoid most of the yuck going around.
- Oct 24, '11 by PsychNurseWannaBeAnd when you are done with work.... burn your scrubs. LOL. Seriously, take your scrubs off at the door when you get home and remove your shoes. I have a hamper next to my front door during cold and flu seasons.
- Oct 28, '11 by pink_shoes99Thanks for the tips guys! and lol @roser, i will wash my hands, and i will not touch my face!