- by WeepingAngel Mar 25, '12Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has been giving Xarelto for post-op anticoagulation. What has your experience been like?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=689796©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,630 Views
- Mar 25, '12 by SheilaORNI have given it once, the ortho doctor ordered on this particular patient dunno why but that was the only patient have seen on the med. I don't know what you mean, experience as in what?
- Mar 28, '12 by cskjjkWe give it in our hospital on a daily basis after orthopedic surgery. It is cheaper and easier for the pt. to take themselves at home.WE still have some old school doctors who still order the Lovenox sub q and don't use Xarelto. I look at Xarelto favorably since it is a pill, not a shot so patient likes it better.
- Apr 3, '12 by nu rnFor a short time, around Nov-Dec, it seemed like I would have 1-2 pts every shift that had xarelto. But it was just a short spurt I guess, one ortho just trying it out, cause I don't really remember having to give any since.
- Apr 4, '12 by beekerWe give it regularly on my floor.
- Apr 11, '12 by WeepingAngelWe seemed to have a problem after we started giving it, it seemed like pt's required more transfusions for those few weeks before they kind of phased it out. Bleeding into the joint, that kind of thing. We still have the occaisonal patient who takes Xarelto, but mostly it's ASA and Coumadin.