Grand Canyon University - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 6, '10 by KornholeoI am traditional at GCU. Within our class there were a number of students that were unhappy with their experience during the first semester. We also lost a few students. The program is difficult. You need to study and you will be fine. Spend the time that you need to succeed and you will. I do not have a problem with how the program has been run so far and look forward to continuing. CMA3, for the first semester, do not leave things that can be done early. Work on everything as soon as it is given and put in a lot of time studying. A study group is very helpful. Best of luck to all..
- Oct 21, '10 by jlwvipJust got acccepted to Jan 2011 fast track in Scottsdale. Where r the classes held? Did anyone else get in?
- Oct 21, '10 by AZblondieI believe the classes are at Scottsdale Health Center. I had to decline the night school there because I live about 60 miles away. I'm gonna try for the summer start at St Joe's. Good luck to you and keep us posted as you progress. I'd love to hear back from you!! Congrats by the way!
- Oct 22, '10 by inspiredRN10I am interested in GCU fast track options. I will have my bachelors (sociology) from ASU this May. When are the application due dates, and start dates? And is there a list of pre reqs online? Just trying to get this whole process started. I was planning on attending ASU's 2nd degree program, but apparently, it is not happening now…So I'd love to get some more info on GCU...
- Oct 24, '10 by AZblondieinspiredRN10 - The application deadlines are January 15, May 15 and September 15. Here is a link to the prereq requirements:
I highly recommend contacting the enrollment advisor right away. There is a lot to get done prior to application. You'll need to take your TEAS, get a background check and start the fingerprint process just to name a few. Good luck to you and let us know if you decide to apply!!
- Oct 25, '10 by AngelRN2bIs there anyone applying for the summer fast track At GCU? I'm trying to get into the programm, but I need to pass that TEAS V test. Somehow, I'm really anxious about all this nursing thing since english is my second language... any insigh will help.
- Oct 25, '10 by valadeybugI completely agree with you. I hate the MSN teachers because they are not all that educated and they act like they have something to prove so they make the courses impossibly hard. This school has a community college vibe but costs ten times more. I have been struggling with the financial aid department and am not happy at all with how they have been handing things...
- Nov 4, '10 by dh07RNi have two friends that graduated with GCU from their program here in Tucson, and they didn't have any complaints, and they are great nurses 3 years later. The truth is, nursing school requires a lot out of you no matter where you go. You just gotta pay your dues and then the real learning takes place after you graduate.
- Nov 17, '10 by smilinjenHi Angel,
I'm applying for GCU's accelerated program for Summer 2011. I'm also applying for ASU's accelerated program that also starts in May 2011. I figure it can't hurt to try both and at least that way I'm pretty sure I'll get into at least one! I think GCU has 3-4 different campuses for fast track Summer 2011, which is pretty nice. I just wish they'd have a night and weekend accelerated summer program! Apparently they only do that in the Spring and Fall (and I think it's traditional).
Good luck! I still have to take the TEAS too! Yuck!
- Nov 19, '10 by inspiredRN10How long are the fast track programs? As in, if I applied in May and got in for the fall, is the program 16 months?