Scrub Colors at Oklahoma City University Medical CenterRegister Today!
- by rachelaleanRN2B Mar 24, '10Hello,
I am a RN and I have applied at Oklahoma City University Medical Center in the Trauma ICU. Does this hospital require a specific scrub color for their RNs or in a specific area for RNs?
- 3,152 Views
- Mar 24, '10 by juliaannTry posting this in the Oklahoma forum - you'll probably get a pretty quick reply. Sorry I can't help, I'm in Tulsa not OKC...but the ladies and gents over at the OK forums are very helpful. Good luck on landing the job!
- Mar 24, '10 by rachelaleanRN2BOh....ok. Thanks. I will post there.
- Mar 24, '10 by ybq2008Are you talking about the OU Medical Center (The University of Oklahoma)? There's a college by the name of Oklahoma City University in OKC, but there is no medical center attached. So I'm assuming you mean OU. There scrub colors vary by floor, but the school colors are crimson and cream. The students usually wear OU red, which is like a burgundy red. I really depends on your floor's policies. Good luck!
- Mar 24, '10 by rachelaleanRN2BYes, I was referring to OU Medical Center. I am moving there and will be a RN in Trauma ICU. I won't be going to school in OKC even though my user name says "RN2B". I joined this site over 6 years ago and never changed my name!! lol. But I was just wondering if they have mandated colors for RNs or if they are thinking about mandating uniform colors for RNs. Thanks!!
- Mar 25, '10 by marilynmomNo, there is no mandated scrub color for RNs at OU Med Center. I worked there for 2 years and wore whatever scrubs I wanted.
- Mar 26, '10 by rachelaleanRN2BYay!! I'm glad. Are there any "plans" to change that? I hope not.
- Jun 22, '10 by afineparadigmThey should be, the nurses look nasty all the time
- Jun 22, '10 by OklaLPNQuote from afineparadigmHow childish to state that the nurses look nasty. Do you work at the OU Med Center? Or are you a student and just doing your clinicals there? If not, please don't classify and criticize all of the nurses this way, regarding their scrubs. You may be walking in their shoes some day.They should be, the nurses look nasty all the time