What nursing diagnosis could I choose?Register Today!
- by BurmaCharm Mar 9, '10Hello everyone!
My Pt. is recovering after laproscopic surgery, renal cancer removal. What nursing diagnosis could I choose? I have to choose the most important problem. I came up with the following problems:
Impaired skin integrity
Please help!!! Thank you very much!
- Mar 9, '10 by not.done.yetpain r/t nephrectomy
Altered urinary elimination r/t nephrostomy tube, ureteral catheter and surgical intervention
Risk for fluid volume deficit r/t hypovolemia or hemorrhage
risk for infection r/t surgical incision/presence of tubes, catheters
Dysfunctional grieving r/t loss of body organ
- Mar 28, '10 by BurmaCharmThank you very much!
- Mar 29, '10 by AggieNurse99To come up with a nursing diagnosis, you must assess the pt first. ADPIE!
What problems were found in your assessment? I'm sorry if I sound short, but really, is a pt with renal cancer's biggest problem impaired skin integrity - laparoscopic incision sites closed usually with dermabond or steristrips?
- Mar 30, '10 by Carrie_MTCWhen your trying to come up with the priority diagnosis start with your ABCs, if you can't think of any that pertain to this patient then things like infection would come next. Skin integrity might be a nursing diagnosis for this patient, but if the patient has impaired circulation or an infection it is not the priority. If you don't already have a careplan book, pick one up they are really helpful. This site helps too www.danibanani.wordpress.com on the right side there is links for careplan creators.
- Mar 30, '10 by BurmaCharmGreat site. Thank you! They have an NCLEX test practice also.
- Mar 31, '10 by SandGramI agree, you have to assess them first...ADPIE! then prioritize using maslow. airway, breathing, circulation, pain., etc. (think simple, lung sounds are? clear? resp rate, depth, (airway, breathing) and so on..
- Mar 31, '10 by BurmaCharmHis lungs were clear and no problems with respiration. He had an abdominal pain and constipation.