Peripheral Neuropathy Diagnosis
- 0Nov 20, '08 by Dramaangel621I would like some help in coming up with the nursing diagnoses in the patient with peripheral neuropathy. She is not a diabetic or oncology patient. What I have so far is
1. Impaired phsyical mobility
2. Risk for impaired Skin integrity
3. Risk for falls
any help asap would be greatly appreciatedLast edit by Dramaangel621 on Nov 20, '08
- 0Nov 21, '08 by Daytonitediagnosing is dependent on the signs and symptoms that the patient has that support them, not on their medical conditions. since you posted noting about the patient's responses (signs and symptoms) to their illness there is no way of knowing if the nursing diagnoses you listed are even correct for this person. care planning is about determining the patient's problems. to do that you must assess the patient. assessment will bring out what is abnormal. abnormal responses are evidence of problems.
- 0Nov 21, '08 by Dramaangel621I am sorry here are the assessment results that are abnormal...
she has tingling and pain bilaterally in her legs below the knees to her feet. She is numb on her right lower abdomen around her hip bone but the other side is normal. She also has numbness in her cheeks but not down to her jaw. She is weak and got dizzy while I was doing her physical in bed. the chart said upon admission that she had short term memory loss but I did not observe any. Her feet are dry and cracked but with no infection. These are all the abnormal results.
- 0Nov 21, '08 by Daytoniteyou need to also look at the patient's medical diseases and conditions, particularly the medications being given, and why, to help determine some of the etiologies for these nursing diagnoses:
- disturbed sensory perception, tactile r/t altered sensory reception aeb tingling and pain bilaterally in her legs below the knees to her feet, numb on her right lower abdomen around her hip bone and numbness in her cheeks
- impaired physical mobility r/t sensoriperceptual impairment aeb becoming weak and dizzy during movements in bed
- impaired skin integrity r/t [???] aeb dry, cracked skin on feet
- impaired memory r/t ??? aeb ???