Nursing diagnosis on appendectomy.Register Today!
- by Greggy Jan 23, '06need help on actual and potential nursing diagnosis on appendectomy.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=139639©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 37,944 Views
- Jan 23, '06 by Little Panda RNQuote from Greggyneed help on actual and potential nursing diagnosis on appendectomy.
What about "Impaired Skin Integrity or Risk for Infection"
- Jan 23, '06 by EricJRNPain R/T tissue trauma
- Jan 23, '06 by meandragonbrettAcute Pain r/t surgical incision
- Jan 24, '06 by DCJ3here you go, hope this helps:
*acute pain r/t surigcal incision
*risk for infection r/t perforation/rupture of appendix, surgical incision, peritonitis
*activity intolerance r/t pain, surgical procedure
*anxiety r/t change in health status, hospital environment
*imbalanced nutrition: less than body requirements r/t anorexia, nausea ,vomiting, decreased peristalsis
*risk for constipation r/t decreased activity, anesthesia, decreased food or fluid intake, pain meds
*risk for ineffective tissue perfusion: peripheral r/t decreased coughing, decreased deep breathing
*urinary retention r/t anesthesia
*disturbed sleep pattern r/t pain, unfamiliar surroundings
- Oct 7, '08 by leemo814what are some PCs related to appendectomy
- Oct 7, '08 by DaytoniteQuote from leemo814What are PCs? I don't recognize this abbreviation.what are some PCs related to appendectomy
- Oct 7, '08 by leemo814PC collaborative problem/ potential complication . Thanks Leemo814
- Oct 7, '08 by DaytoniteComplications of an appendectomy are
- local or general peritonitis
- paralytic ileus
- intestinal obstruction
- Nov 17, '10 by sleepisgolden23hey guys thanx for the great tips although i originally didn't post the question!