Movie suggestion for Mental Health NRSG video analysisRegister Today!
- by kchristopulos Apr 19I have to watch a movie and then write a video analysis for mental health nursing and would like some suggestions for a movie. I need to list typical symptoms of the disorder, symptoms the actor exhibited, treatments used in the movie and compare them to what the standard treatment is for that disorder. I have a long list of movies to choose from, but only know the most popular ones (The Soloist, A beautiful mind, 28 days, etc.). I want to choose a movie that isn't well known, but I don't want the information I have to write about to be obscure either. Any ideas?
- Apr 19 by JustBeachyNurseGirl Interrupted, One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest, 28 Days
- Apr 19 by SilenceintheLibraryI did mine on A beautiful mind, but this link has a lot to choose from- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_featuring_mental_disorders
- Apr 19 by bsartor"Manic" with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I have worked in psych and this is one of the more realistic portrayals of mental health facilities. The only caveat is that its filmed in an documentary or "raw" style. It deals with a group of juveniles who have various psychiatric disorders.
- Apr 20 by Esme12Rent Silver Linings Playbook....excellent movie about bipolar disorder and who doesn't love Bradley Cooper and Robert Di Nero!!!!!!!!!
This is a classic in the making.
- Apr 21 by Shorty11Mr. Jones
- Apr 21 by jm081138Call me crazy, it's playing on lifetime this weekend. It is about schizophrenia, bipolar, PTSD, And depression.