Care Plan Help!
- 0This is my first care plan and i am stuck!
I need help doing a NANDA for Disturbed Body Image....
Pt had a colostomy done and I think this would be a good nursing diagnosis....can anyone help me with this????
- 17,607 Visits
- 0Well basically I just need to do a NANDA for Disturbed Body Image....my short term goal is this: Patient will adapt to changes in body function and in appearance w/in 5 days. Does that seem okay so far???
My next step is to do the long-term goal, then 5 nursing interventions for this, & the rationale......can anyone help me with this?
- 0Mar 9, '08 by blur411I'm probably not the best person for this, I'm in my 4th trimester of nursing but we havent done careplans yet. We are just learning the Nursing DX now. From the book I have it says Disturbed Body image is a NANDA. Do you need the related to and as evidenced by parts? If so, I assume it would be related to recent colostomy as evidenced by ? I really don't know, I'm sorry I couldnt of been more help.
- 0I need help w/ a nursing diagnosis. I need a total of 7 nursing dianoses that i must prioritize (May include actual and risk diagnoses). My patient colostomy surgery done. I only have one nursing diagnosis so far. It is "Disturbed Body Image." Can anyone think of 6 more?? Your help is greatly apprieciated!!! =)
- 0Mar 9, '08 by Kina21Quote from lhopefulI need help w/ a nursing diagnosis. I need a total of 7 nursing dianoses that i must prioritize (May include actual and risk diagnoses). My patient had a colostomy surgery done. I only have one nursing diagnosis so far. It is "Disturbed Body Image." Can anyone think of 6 more?? Your help is greatly apprieciated!!! =)
Do you have a nursing diagnosis manual? Mine lists 12 diagnoses for colostomy in the back...
deficient fluid volume
disturbed body image
imbalanced nutrition : less than body requirements
impaired skin integrity
ineffective sexual patterns
ineffective tissue perfusion (GI)
readiness for enhanced hope
and so on.
- 0Mar 9, '08 by leslie :-Dwas the colostomy r/t a cancer dx, ulcerative colitis, chrohn's?
has pt's diet changed?
how's nutritional status?
is there diarrhea or constipation? (elimination)
what about his knowledge of disease and mgmt?
how's activity level?
mgmt of regimen?
many dxs out there...
best of everything.
- 1Mar 9, '08 by donsterRNQuote from lhopefulFirst, I sent you a PM.Okay thanks! now how you you prioritize them??? hummmm ...
2nd, I'm concerned that the members here are being asked to do your homework for you. Have you done any of this on your own? What information do you already have?
Coming up with the diagnoses for your careplans is incredibly important and should have been the focus of your lectures, and is written about at length in most nursing texts. Perhaps you can tell us what exactly you're having difficulty with? What does your textbook tell you about prioritization?
- 1Mar 9, '08 by suzanne4We are more than happy to help you with your careplans etc, by reviewing what you have come up with in the first place, offering additional ideas, etc. But we are not here to complete your assignments for you. We expect the research to be done by you.
For a patient having a colostomy, body image is not what would come to mind as being important for that patient. What other issues are they going to need to deal with, you should focus on that.