Scrubs for curvy girls
- 0Oct 4, '10 by ICU_RN_BSNMy body type just doesn't fit well with scrubs and cant seem to find the right ones. I have a real small waist but big hips and a big butt. Scrubs tops arent a problem for me but the bottoms are uncomfortable. They fit well around the waist but then even the large size is tight on my butt and thighs. But then I need a small or medium scrub top so I have to buy the pieces separately. Any advice??
- 0Oct 4, '10 by regularRNYou can order scrub tops and bottoms separately in different sizes - I look terrible in scrubs; my colleagues are always surprised when they see me in my regular clothes, I actually look normal!
As long as you are clean, tidy and professional, I don't think the patients are a whole lot worried. I wear Dickies cargo pants with the elasticated waist and Iguana tops... I think a lot of nurses have to buy separate pieces, just like street clothes. Most ladies have bigger bottoms than tops!
- 0Oct 5, '10 by LaboratorianIs it mandatory that you wear scrub bottoms?
Scrub pants fit too tight on my thighs.
- 0Oct 26, '10 by coast2coastI'm a bit late to this but thought I'd add my ...
I am also "curvy." Something like 44-35-44. I'm not small but I certainly don't feel the need to hide that under a potato sack!
Anyhow after much searching, I like Iguanamed and NrG by Barco. I usually wear a L top and S (Iguanamed) or M (barco) bottoms. Even the L tops squish my boobs on occasion, but the next size up swallows me whole.
I size the bottoms so that they cover my hips, but they are all too big in the waist. They sag a bit during the day but I haven't found any that don't do this.Last edit by coast2coast on Oct 26, '10
- 0Nov 11, '10 by sarahmizzouI too am curvy. My favorite is Body by Cherokee because they are pull ons but have stretch throughout the whole pant and top. They hold their shape well. I too have wide "sexy child bearin' hips" as my DH likes to call them and thick thighs and I hate the drawstring pants with no stretch. They also make them with a drawstring to adjust for smaller waist but are still the BODY line and entirely stretch. Hope this helps.