Long/modest scrub skirts?
- 0Hey there,
I've been looking far & wide for some modest white scrub skirts, but the ones I find, although cute, are a bit too short for me personally. I've looked at patterns on ebay even to try making one myself, however I don't know if my sewing abilities are that advanced yet Due to religious reasons I need a rather long skirt. It doesn't have to be flared--"aline" is fine. Preferably with some gathers in the front & back
Does anyone else have advice? I was thinking of getting scrub pants and making them into a skirt, but I've never done that before and haven't seen pictures of how a scrub skirt would look like that, only jeans. Anyone have pointers? Thanks.
- 32,251 Visits
- 0Quote from caroladybelleThank you so much dear!!! Lots of Orthodox here in Miami and its all the same complaint about not having skirts/long enough skirts. :| :|I will try to ask around.
I live in predominantly Orthodox community in MD. I know several nurses, NPs and MD residents that wear kosher compliant attire.Last edit by on eagles wings on Jun 25, '11
- 1Jun 25, '11 by caroladybelleIronically, you might have better luck in the Boca Raton/north Ft.Lauderdale than in Miami.
I do recall that there is a scrub shop in that area, that carries longer scrub dresses with pockets, which paired with an acceptable long sleeve top under it and opaque hose. I believe that it is Orthodox/Conservative owned, and on a major thoroughfare. If I can find the name, I will let you know.
Up here, the 7 Mile Market sometimes has info on such things.
- 0Mhm the majority of the Jewish students in my school are from Miramar or whatever, so I shouldn't be surprised that there would be a store of that nature there lol. I'd greatly appreciate it. I wouldn't mind the drive if I could find something decent. I did find a nice long skirt at Gap but I wasn't willing to throw in the $60 just yet ROFL.
You're a great help, thanks again
- 1Jun 25, '11 by Twinmom06I remember one of the medical supply websites having scrub skirts, and in fact one of the students in my incoming ADN class is also looking for scrub skirts for clinicals (but she didn't say anything about length)...lemme see if I can find the link again...
ETA - here is the link and you can even customize the length
http://www.shop.ezuniformsandscrubs....gth-STSTLS.htmLast edit by Twinmom06 on Jun 25, '11 : Reason: add link
- 1Jun 25, '11 by Lev <3Hi on eagles wings
I'm a nursing student who also wears skirts for religious reasons
I bought my skirt on this website
search for skirts and you will see a bunch. I bought the one with drawstrings. It has a slit in the back that i close halfway with a safety pin.
- 1Jun 26, '11 by caroladybelleOoooo, some of them are custom.
The site also has several dresses with sleeves that cover the elbows, also.
Another solution, some churches that have predominantly African American members often have ladies that act as usherettes. They often use nicer white uniform dresses or uniform skirt/top sets that are quite conservative in cut. They often have a uniform shop that provides them for them.
We also have some Amish/Mennonite nurses, but suspect that they make their own, and strongly doubt if online options are applicable.