Black stethoscopes for everyone
- 0May 19, '10 by sunkissed75hey!!
my whole class got the same black stethoscope!! what can i add or do to it so i always know which one is mine? thanks!!
- 1,459 Visits
- 1May 20, '10 by TCASIII assume the school gave you all a cheap steth as part of a package for class? If so, go out and buy a nice Littmann in the color you want, then even engrave if you like. They also have name tags. FWIW, engrave or name tag, they're ripped off a lot. Personally my steth is attached to me like an umbilical cord at all times, and sorry, no one can borrow it ;-)
- 1May 20, '10 by Hygiene Queen GuideYessiree... get a GOOD steth.
You don't even realize how much better you can hear with a nice one.
I thought something was wrong with me because someone would say, "hey listen to this" and I wouldn't hear it.
That was due to a combination on my inexperience... and a cheapo steth.
I got a nice Litt and my life has been soooooooo much better.
I did not think to get my initials on it but I like the idea of getting a tag made at Petco... think I'll do that today!
- 0May 20, '10 by sunkissed75thanks everyone for your responses!! everyone in the class got a really good stethoscope...a littmann classic 11!! today was our first day in clinicals and we were split into small groups to learn vitals and a couple of the steths did get mixed up!! nothing major...i had put an elastic loosley around mine and had no problem spotting it! today when i got home i put a dot of bright orange nail polish on the tubing of my steth and bp cuff...now i'll always know which one is mine!!
- 0May 21, '10 by sunkissed75Quote from tcasiieh, get a cardiology iii and be done with it. ;-)
i have a feeling the graduation present from my husband is going to be a stethoscope...i know i have to wait 2 more years for it, but he'll get the best of the best for me...with engraving! so, for now i'll stick it out with my littmann classic ii! i actually really like it anyway!! however...i might start dropping hints about a cardiloloy iii! :d