Resume Review PleaseRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Resume Review Please in Nursing Resume Help, part of Nursing Career Advice ... I'm a relatively new nurse. The job market in my area is very difficult to get into. I found a home...by kcdunlap Aug 27, '12I'm a relatively new nurse. The job market in my area is very difficult to get into. I found a home health nurse job in March. I rolled my ADN degree into BSN and finished in last week.
I'm hoping a BSN will give me a little more leverage in addition to 6 months of home care experience. Here is my resume I'd love feed back.
Also, do I include my ADN degree and my BSN degree?
2676 XXXX Road, Box XXX* XYZ, PA 1XXXX * xxx-xxx-xxxx * email@example.com
University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX - August 2012
Bachelors Degree of Science in Nursing
Montgomery County Community College, PA - May 2011
Associates of Science in Nursing
James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA
Bachelor of Arts in Management/Marketing
CLINICAL EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
Medical/Surgical - XYZ Hospital
Spinal/Vent - XYZ Hospital
Maternity - XYZ Hospital
Pediatrics - XYZ Hospital
Geriatrics - XYZ Hospital
Psychiatric - XYZ Hospital
Pennsylvania State Licensed - Registered Nurse
BLS, expires 12/2013
ANA - American Nursing Association
XYZ Pediatric Services - Registered Nurse, XYZ, PA March 2012 to present
- Responsible for assessing patientís medical condition and develops plan toward the treatment and recovery.
- Perform tasks of administering medications, monitoring patients, and instructing patients on appropriate home care.
- Assign responsibilities of checking patients health care through observation of body temperature, blood pressure, patient history and symptoms.
- Act as liaisons between patients and health care workers, such as hospital staff and physicians
- Perform all other essential tasks as required.
- Monitor and detect changes in patient status and initiate appropriate interventions, if required.
- Responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of nursing interventions by performing ongoing assessment and reassessment of patient conditions, problems, and treatments.
- Collaborates with managers, physicians and clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding patientís care.
Pharmacy Technician, CVS, XYZ, PA 2008 to 2010
- Prepare medications under the direction of a pharmacist.
- Measured, mix, counted out, labeled, and record amounts and dosages of medications.
XYZ Cleaning Services, XYZ, PA 2001 to 2011
- Hired, trained and supervised cleaning personnel.
- Ensured quality cleaning services to maintain existing clients and obtain referrals.
- Maintained adequate cleaning supplies.
- Scheduled staff efficiently to complete all assignments.
Caregiver for two Type 1 diabetic children (2003 to Present), monitor blood sugar, give insulin injections, program pump, evaluate insulin to carbohydrate ratios, and evaluate insulin sensitivity factors. Applied ongoing teaching for increased independence.Last edit by Joe V on Aug 27, '12 : Reason: formatting for easier reading
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=777941©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,168 Views
- Aug 28, '12 by kcdunlap1100 views and nobody has any suggestions????? I would really appreciate feedback.
- Aug 31, '12 by RNoneloveI always like to add volunteer work if you have any. Also I would kind of concise your first work experience . They like too look at a resume and skim it quick. Also in your additional information. Write what computer skills you have, and like any soft skills. Soft skills are like team work and communication. Hope this helps!!!