I'm a relatively new nurse. The job market in my area is very difficult to get into. I found a home health nurse job in March. I rolled my ADN degree into BSN and finished in last week.
I'm hoping a BSN will give me a little more leverage in addition to 6 months of home care experience. Here is my resume I'd love feed back.
Also, do I include my ADN degree and my BSN degree?
2676 XXXX Road, Box XXX* XYZ, PA 1XXXX * xxx-xxx-xxxx * email@example.com
University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX - August 2012
Bachelors Degree of Science in Nursing
Montgomery County Community College, PA - May 2011
Associates of Science in Nursing
James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA
Bachelor of Arts in Management/Marketing
CLINICAL EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
Medical/Surgical - XYZ Hospital
Spinal/Vent - XYZ Hospital
Maternity - XYZ Hospital
Pediatrics - XYZ Hospital
Geriatrics - XYZ Hospital
Psychiatric - XYZ Hospital
Pennsylvania State Licensed - Registered Nurse
BLS, expires 12/2013
ANA - American Nursing Association
XYZ Pediatric Services - Registered Nurse, XYZ, PA March 2012 to present
- Responsible for assessing patient's medical condition and develops plan toward the treatment and recovery.
- Perform tasks of administering medications, monitoring patients, and instructing patients on appropriate home care.
- Assign responsibilities of checking patients health care through observation of body temperature, blood pressure, patient history and symptoms.
- Act as liaisons between patients and health care workers, such as hospital staff and physicians
- Perform all other essential tasks as required.
- Monitor and detect changes in patient status and initiate appropriate interventions, if required.
- Responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of nursing interventions by performing ongoing assessment and reassessment of patient conditions, problems, and treatments.
- Collaborates with managers, physicians and clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding patient's care.
Pharmacy Technician, CVS, XYZ, PA 2008 to 2010
- Prepare medications under the direction of a pharmacist.
- Measured, mix, counted out, labeled, and record amounts and dosages of medications.
XYZ Cleaning Services, XYZ, PA 2001 to 2011
- Hired, trained and supervised cleaning personnel.
- Ensured quality cleaning services to maintain existing clients and obtain referrals.
- Maintained adequate cleaning supplies.
- Scheduled staff efficiently to complete all assignments.
Caregiver for two Type 1 diabetic children (2003 to Present), monitor blood sugar, give insulin injections, program pump, evaluate insulin to carbohydrate ratios, and evaluate insulin sensitivity factors. Applied ongoing teaching for increased independence.