Help!, I've been contacting those people I know but they're kinda busy at the same time too, and I need to finalize my resume so that all that's left is to make the cover letter. Would you mind helping me in giving feedback about my resume? I am a foreign grad nurse back in 2010 and i just had my license recently in NYstate but i am currently in Texas right now.
In my opinion, it feels too lengthy for me it went up to 2 pages. I just put what i think should be in there, let me know if what should i omit or what.
- Rachelle X. XSKDHFKJDHKJ, RN
(Official address) 000-00 00th
Road, xxx xxxx, NY 00000 ;
(Current address) 555 xxx, TX 00000● (###) ###-#### ● [email protected] PROFILE
Highly-motivated, goal driven and client-focused nursing professional with four years of progressive experience as a student nurse in primary health care and nursing care management. Background includes both hospital and community setting, and research/evidence based nursing. Recognized as an independent, self-starter, and a quick-learner by implementing learned information while under supervision and maintaining employer and client standards in meeting demands, completing tasks, and client-based care. A critical thinker by formulating strategies and alternatives in solving problems. Excellent skills in communicating, organizing, building relationships with clients and colleagues. EDUCATION New York State Registered Professional Nurse
, License acquired August 22, 2012 Bachelor of Science in Nursing
, April 2010
BLABLABLAH University, CITY, FOREIGN COUNTRY Clinical Placement Related Learning Experience:
Total number of hours 2,880
· Applied nursing knowledge of Primary Health Care and Nursing Care Management (Preventive & Promotive, Curative/Rehabilitative, Management & Leadership, Electives) to different nursing fields including Medical/Surgical, Pediatrics, Psychiatric, Maternal-Delivery & Puerperium, Orthopedic, Perioperative/Operative Room, Emergency, Epidemiologic, Community Health/Organizing & Development.
· Sites included:
[-INSERT NUMEROUS HOSPITALS, HEALTH CENTERS, COMMUNITY HERE-]
- OR -
· Adult & Child Health Medical Surgical – BLABLAH HOSPITAL
· Epidemiological – BLABLAH HOSPITAL
· Psychiatric – MENTAL HOSPITAL
· Maternal, Delivery, & Puerperium – clinics & hospitals
· Orthopedic – orthopedic hospital
· Perioperative/Operating Room – blablabla center
· Emergency – hospital fjkdfhkjdshf
· Community Health/Organizing & Development– fsdfds health center, xydsf VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE Volunteer: Clinical Research Assistant
– March 2012; Retina Institute of CITY, CITY, USA
Relief Operations Volunteer, “Operation TRALALLAA” Program –
- Assisted and familiarized with research study, protocols, and differences of each research candidates for each clinical trial under general supervision.
- Organized and filed important research files, projects and/or data in full detail and in fast working pace.
- Worked under specific instructions to assist with patient care and other related procedures.
- Perform other tasks as agreed between the Managing Director and Research Coordinator.
September 2010; City, Foreign Country
Volunteer: Operating Room Student Nurse “Operation Smile” –
- Aiding Typhoon XXXXXX) victims at a local community area by donating, preparing, and delivering relief goods and implemented orders assigned by a team leader.
WORK HISTORY Sandwich Artist –
- Participated in a program under proctor/clinical instructor supervision, which offers free surgeries for children with cleft lip, cleft palate, and other facial deformities.
July 2012 - Present; Subway, xxxxx, STATE Home Caregiver –
March 2012; xxxxxx, STATE Physical Therapist Aide
– February 2012; Medical p.c, xxxxx, STATE Home Health Aide (Personal Assistant)
– August 2011 – January 2012;
xxxx Inc. xxxx, STATE Babysitter-Nanny
– May 2011 – August 2011; xxxxx, STATE Home Health Aide (Personal Assistant)
– February 2011;
xxxxxx, STATE SKILLS Management and Leadership
- Trained and assigned as Shift Person-in-Charge at leading a 3-4 team to maximize efficiency and effectivity. Assisted the Manager in training newly employed staff
- Acted as leader in a college research group and provided research related tasks to 12 members.
- Led a musical production for an Intersection competition and acted as the director/production designer during a school project
- Provided home health assistance to a partially dependent mentally disabled individual based on general and health needs on an afterschool care basis.
- Implemented structured, adaptive, and consistent activities depending on everyday client needs.
- Maintained safety and security as a priority to the disabled.
- Promoted positive behaviours in decreasing negative behaviours while understanding the source of the problem
- Assisted with transfer from wheelchair to bed and vice versa, personal hygiene, and feeding.
- Provide assistance to clients recovering from injuries, illnesses, and surgeries under the direction of a physical therapist
ACTIVITIES & AFFILIATIONS
- Provide daily activity reports and actively participated in collaborating with other health care providers, shared ideas to create solutions to unexpected events.
- Relayed necessary information in between clients and clinic staff
· Audiovisual and Technical Head, Creative Productions Committee, (
xxxxxxx University 2009-2010)
· Member, Red Cross Youth Collegiate Council – Disaster Management Committee, (
· Member, Voluntarios De Rescate – Kampo Uno Rescue Organization
(Basic high angle rescue, rappelling, and survival) experienced first-aid and rescue simulation drill and practice, (Colleges, 2005-2006)
· SEMINARS ATTENDED:
o “Ethico-Moral Nursing Responsibilities in Pain Management”
University, Nursing Alumni Foundation COUNTRY, Inc. August 13, 2010
· “Leading the xxxxxx Way: Experience, Exercise, Excel”
University Institute of Nursing, January 12, 2010
· “Nursing Research towards Center of Excellence”
University Institute of Nursing, January 12, 2010
· Leadership and Development Program
Red Cross Youth Collegiate Council,ern University, October 13-16, 2008
· Globally Emerging Diseases Seminar
Global Learning Innovations COuntry, Inc., October 26, 2008 Includes the following:
HIV, AIDS and Drug Resistant Diseases
Vector Borne Diseases
Avian and Pandemic Influenza ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Computer and internet proficiency – MS Office, search engines, typing speed up to 70-75wpm
Patient and open-minded
Demonstrated quick learning skills with accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to multitask, strategic, creative and critical thinker
Bilingual English and foreign language