do i submit cover letter for online app. if it says "upload resume"Register Today!
- by nooneelse Jun 2, '12q1 - should i combine the cover letter & resume in one document and upload it, or just the resume?
q2 - who should i address the cover letter? like the letter head.
i saw this example online..
[name/title] <= what do i put here? should i just put "to whom it may concern"
[city, state, zip]
[name/title]: <= and here too?
my name is .... rest of the letter goes here
q3 - i know the floor i'm applying to - should i call the floor and ask for the name of the manager? or call hr ask for nurse recruiter's name?
thank you for your time and help in advance!
- Jun 2, '12 by RNewbieIn the past I have combined the cover letter and resume in one document and uploaded it. I'm not sure if this goes against you if they are only asking for the resume but I figure they have thousands of resumes without cover letters and at least that would give them some background on me. I usually address the cover letter to Nurse Recruitment or Human Resources, something generic if I don't have anyone to directly address it to.
- Jun 2, '12 by KelRN215You need to set up your cover letter as a business letter. You should set it up as follows:
Your Name, RN
Hiring Manager or HR person
If you don't know whom to address it to, you can write "To Whom It May Concern:". If it's a hospital, you'd likely want to address it to Nurse Recruitment because they're the ones who read through all the resumes and decide whether or not they get passed on to the hiring manager.
I would not start your letter with "my name is".
- Jun 2, '12 by elkparkI have done this in the past (submitted my cover letter along with my CV in the box for CV on on-line applications), and have gotten a positive response from potential employers (that they appreciated getting the letter along with the CV). Maybe it's because I'm hopelessly "old school," but I just can't stomach the thought of submitting an application and CV without a cover letter.
- Jun 3, '12 by miniangel729thank you so much for all your help!! I will include the cover letter and I deleted the "my name is"!! thank you for letting me know !! (*edit* oops, logged in with friend's computer..)