I took my state boards a month ago and passed (woohoo) now it's time for a job. I'm getting e-mails saying that they have already filled the position or looking at other applicants more quickly than I am sending them out.
I'm seeing lots of people from my class getting jobs right away and getting their dream jobs. It's quite discouraging.
I'm thinking maybe it's something with my resume. I'm not sure. So if anyone can please take a look at my resume and give me some advice that would be much appreciated. Thank you so much,
Caring, enthusiastic individual seeking to obtain a registered nurse position that will provide an opportunity to strengthen my clinical skills and critical thinking in a hospital environment. To learn new technical nursing competencies to develop professionally as a registered nurse.
CERTIFICATIONS and MEMBERSHIPS
- Associates in Applied Science, College
- Licensed registered nurse, #
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Hospice of the Valley, volunteer
- Student Nurses Association, member
- Certified Nursing Assistant, State of Arizona #
STUDENT CLNICAL EXPERIENCE
- College - Associates in Applied Science of Nursing - Graduated, May, 2013
- College - Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Anticipated start date October, 2013.
- Long Term Care, South Mountain
- Medical Surgical I and II, Banner Baywood Medical Center
- Obstetrics, Banner Gateway Medical Center
- Pediatrics, Maricopa Integrated Health System
- Psychiatric, Valley Psychiatric Hospital
- Critical Care, Banner Heart Hospital
- Preceptorship, Banner Desert Hospital
- Familiar with Cerner charting system
- Medication administration (PO, IM, IVP, IVPB, SubQ, Peg tube, titrating)
- Head to Toe Assessments
- Planning and Implementing patient care
- NG tube insertion, removal and suction
- IV starts, care and discontinues
- Written and oral communication
- Critical thinking
- Evaluating patient care
- Foley catheter insertion and removal
- Central venous catheter blood draws and care
- Patient advocacy
- Chest tube management and care
- Administration of blood products
2007- 2012 Front End Supervisor, MICHAEL'S ARTS AND CRAFTS
- Excellent interpersonal skills, multitasking, providing customer service, taking on a heavy work load while being fast and efficient, strong work ethics and enthusiastic on teamwork, time management skills, prioritization on daily tasks, customer advocate, implementing goals for the day, assessing what needs to be done to meet goals, documenting sales goals for the day, contributing creative input for customers.
2004- 2007 Customer Service, MAKUTUS ISLAND
- Ensuring safety in our customers, providing excellent customer service, implementing safety for the children, assessing equipment, managing money, customer advocate, planning birthday parties, contributing to daily goals.
2003-2004 Customer Service, ENSTIEN BAGLES
- Handling and managing money, taking customers' orders, implementing the orders that have been taken, meeting the customer's needs, evaluating what needs to be stocked and restock items, cleaning the facility.