University of Wyoming RN/BSN Online
- 0Apr 9, '11 by tinkaddictHello everyone, I was wondering if anyone here has done the University of Wyoming online program? If you did how did you find it? Hard? Easy? Somewhere in between?
Also, did you work at the same time and how much? I would like to try to get through the program without taking out additional loans so I am trying to gauge if I could still work full-time. Even if you didn't go to UW online but are just looking in to see the answerss, how many of you worked while going full-time online and what were the pro's and cons of doing that.
I would really appreciate any help I can get. I'm starting to get that panicked, am I ready for all of this again.
Thanks everyone! Hope you have a great weekend!
- 0Apr 12, '11 by SugarcomaI am about to finish my first semester with University of Wyoming. I work full time and am taking 14 credit hours this semester and I have found this to be very do-able. I have older children and a supportive spouse so obviously that contributes to my ability to juggle full time school and work successfully. Most of my classmates also work full-time. You could always start with a part-time load and see how that works for you.
The two nursing classes I have taken so far have been pretty easy but I have learned a lot from both. I was expecting both pharm and patho to be repeats of what I already learned in the ADN program I attended but I have to say that both courses have been very challenging. I would probably not take both courses in the same semester if I had it to do over again because they both require proctored exams and that can be a challenge schedule wise.
- 0Apr 12, '11 by tinkaddictI am so glad that I found this board and have started to ask questions. I feel so much more at ease about this whole process. Thank you for answering my question. I was beginning to think that there weren't very many people that chose UW and I wasn't sure why. The cost is a lot cheaper compared to other programs out there, and the workload seems doable while working.
- 0Apr 14, '11 by vasfar2001I am starting my first class with the University of Wyoming May 16. Taking pathophysiology.I want to ease into things over the summer.I wanted to take the Wy constitution class but have been put into a wait list for that.I am looking forward to starting the nursing classes this fall.Hopefully we can all share in our experiences as we go along!
- 0May 25, '11 by chucksterA couple of questions for those in the U WY program.
From what I gather, there is a 120 hour clinical component associated with the program. Is this correct and is it for one course only?
There also appear to be proctored exams. How are these done - through an agency like PeasonVue?
Thanks in advance - any information on the program would be helpful.
The last course Nurs 4975 Professional Practium requires 120 hrs of clinical. 8 hours per week over the course of the 15 week semester in some type of community based nursing.
If you live out of state you have the option of checking with your local schools or colleges for a proctor, another option listed is educational staff at your workplace.
I wish I had more information to share but I am only into week 2 of my first class.