Please help.. Any nurses with a DUI?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Please help.. Any nurses with a DUI? in Nursing Licensure With A Criminal History, part of Nursing Career Advice ... I recently got a DUI but blew under the legal limit of .08 and was still charge with a DUI but...by hunny82 Feb 20I recently got a DUI but blew under the legal limit of .08 and was still charge with a DUI but fighting to get a wet and reckless. I graduated from nursing school and is studying to take my board exam. I dont know what to do? Im scared that I wont be able to take my board exam and find a job. I am also looking into an RN bridge program at my local CSU. Anyone know what I can do or any information or experiences that they would like to share? Im from California. I know what I did is wrong so please keep your negative comments to yourself because..
Thank you very much
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=817005©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 849 Views
- Feb 21 by CYoungLPNHmm idk how similar the situation is BUT right before we graduated our director announced that if anyone who had anything on their record needs to see her & she'd write a letter to the FloridaBON on their behalf one girl had a history of a DUI & the BON let her sit...she passed and is working as a nurse now...that's all I got...sorry I hope it works out for u
Idk what state ur in and if it's diff. for diff. states
- Feb 21 by 1pinknurseI know a few people in your same situation from school & they had to wait before getting their LVN license. The state of CA does a thorough back ground check before issuing a license. You will need all documentation pertaining to your case & if you can get letters of recommendation that will help you too. I believe several of them ended up getting their license but they had all of the above, if not more.
- Feb 21 by hunny82Did those nurses have trouble finding jobs?
- Feb 21 by 1pinknurseI didn't keep in touch with them but from what I heard, yes. California is already over populated with nurses & I don't know of any nursing employer that doesn't do their own back ground check. Just be honest when you apply for jobs.
- Feb 21 by morteIf you "blew" under the legal limit, what exactly are you being charged with? PLEASE tell me you are not going the path without a lawyer??????
- Feb 21 by traumaRUsMoved to Nursing Licensure with Criminal History Forum.
- Feb 22 by hunny82Im waiting for my court date.. I was being arrested for DUI and drivng with a BAC of .08 and higher which was not true because I over heard the CHP said I blew .074. I dont know where to start or what to do. I recently paid the board to take my Nlcex and is waiting for my ATT. Anyone know what I should do?