Enforcement Review TX BON - page 5
I am graduating nursing school in Decemeber. I submitted a declaratory form with all supporting documents of dismissal and paid to register for the NCLEX...then I received a letter a few days later from the TX BON. It stated that... Read More
- 0May 14, '12 by Huckleberry33Hey Guys! I called today and they said that I am they will be sending out an eligibility agreed order that states that I need to take a jurisprudence and ethics class. I am now just waiting for the order...the part that takes 4-6 weeks. So I am glad that it is progress. BUT...I have a question after I get the order, is this something I sign and return...also the lady said that after they transfer me back to the dept. that processes the ATT I then have to take the NCLEX, wait to actually pass before I can take the class, also she said that I cannot practice as a GN until I have taken the class...so I have to get the order, return it?, get transferred to the original dept, get my att, take the NCLEX, wait for the results, then take the class...is that right? I just feel still very confused...MSTX or KANN...what do you guys gather from this? Kann, I am sitting on the right side of the room, about five rows back at the very end near the middle of the row, shorty dark hair long...maybe I can meet ya...thanks guys, let me know what you think
- 0May 14, '12 by Huckleberry33IVanna, we all feel your pain, this has been a very hard thing for me to go through...all that I can do is pray and not plan the results...leave that up to God, Allah, Fate...whatever you call it, and just trust that that powers will IS what is best for you...I say that but it is something that I have to surrender everyday, because I get resentful and want to take my will back and get mad that I am not where I should be, let us know if you hear anything or if you just need to vent!
- 0May 14, '12 by MSTXnurseIt is a everyday struggle.. Anger, resentment and uncertainty.. Praying and often try to find other things to keep mind off of it...
Progress Yeah!! My knowledge..You will have to sign it (Agreed order) usually in front of a notary public and send it back. Then it will give your ATT for NCLEX. I am not sure if you can take jurisprudence first but I am pretty sure you can. I believe you also would have to take ethics class before issuance of license, not after. That's good you will not have anything stips on your license. Good luck..
- 0May 18, '12 by MSTXnurseUpdate:
Jurisprudence and ethics class is together. The cost starts @ 220$ and up to 350$. It is offered in Houston and other cities (for example San Antonio, Midland, Tyler). You have to sign up and pre-pay to some and others you can pay at the place. They have classes usually once a month and fill out paper for board and they will or you can send complete course work form to TBON. You can check it out on TBON website approved classes or goggle ethics and jurisprudence classes texas board of nursing and list will also come in the mail. You will still have to take the test jurispudence exam that is required by TBON. I was approved for licensure but I will have to take this class as well. You have to have class completed within year but I will definitely have it done ASAP. You have to send agreed order and send it back. I have yet to receive letter in mail. But I am okay with it all... So I checked it out for Us. So ready to move on..
Hope all is well with each person still waiting and anticipating their fate!
- 0May 22, '12 by IvannaBsuccessfulHey guys, I know I joined this conversation late, but Its kinda funny. I too just found out that I will be approved for licensure after I take the ethics course. I guess it's a standardized decision they make. I am glad to have all this behind me! Do you know yet if you can take the Nclex before the ethics class? I have been at home with my daughter and pregnant with a second child so I haven't kept up with my Nclex study. I have a lot to do. It still seems like there is some more waiting to be done. Waiting to get the letter, waiting for the class to be offered, etc...
- 0May 23, '12 by MSTXnurseIvannasuccessful,
I was told through the enforcement department that you should wait for letter to come and receive information and set up class after that. I am endorsing to Texas so it may be different for NCLEX examinees. I am not sure of if it is 4 to 6 weeks from recommendations or 4 to 6 weeks from letter being generated..... After you send letter back they will send it to Examination department for notification.. Hope I helped.. Have a good week ..They are having another elgibility committee meeting June 12th so hopefully things will be finalized then..
- 0May 23, '12 by Huckleberry33I spoke with the investigator about the class and basically you must take the class before being able to practice. You will be issued your ATT and may test, but can not practice until in compliance with you order. Also since your licensure is under an eligibility agreed order you can not work as a GN or with a GN permit...you must have you RN license and you must have the class finished.