Medication Assesment Test?Register Today!
- by procrastinator911 Apr 20Hi all,
I have been looking at available positions and a lot jobs posting say "must be able to pass medication assessment test". Now is this a medication calculations test or just a general med assessment or does it pertain to the type of floor you are on ie: cardiac floor (common cardiac meds) or maternity floor?
- Apr 21 by mhy12784It really depends on the hospital.
I have been to hospitals where its essentially a full pharmacology exam, and others where they might ask you "what is lasix, and what is the difference between 2 types of insulin"
- Apr 21 by procrastinator911ok, thank u
- Apr 22 by libran1984My primary job at a hospital and PRN position I recently left in a rehab center both did medications tests.
My hospital did a medications test asking me to know common side effects of medications, things to look for regarding medications, when to know to administer medications, etc. Then there was a second test for drug dosage calculations. New hires were provided 3 attempts to pass each of the tests.
The rehab center gave me a test on paper, and never even bothered to look at it after I turned it in (I know this because it was only half completed).
- Apr 22 by applewhiternFor my current job, I took an extensive med test, including calculations, plus an EKG test, blood administration test. I don't remember everything, but it is basically to see where your weaknesses are, so if you are in orientation they can work on that.