Job interview for New grad RN program! HELP!Register Today!
- by nixx7 Jun 1, '12I graduated 3 years ago from the Philippines and Passed my nclex exam last year! I've been looking for a job for months now... and FINALLY! God answered my prayers and I have a job interview for a new grad PROGRAM at san gabriel valley medical center! I'll be having my interview this coming JUNE 2012.. any tips about the panel interview? I'm sooo nervous right now and it will not go away until I finish that interview.. please please help! What are the common interview questions? and what's it like to have a panel interview? PLease help! thanks!
- 3,108 Views
- Jun 1, '12 by NurseMiriI just completed an interview on Wednesday. Some of the questions I got were:
Why would your previous coworkers be sad to see you go?
Why would they be glad to see you go? (Weird one!)
Why should we choose you over the hundreds of other new grad applicants?
Who is your favorite superhero and why? (Strange, huh?)
What has been your most difficult patient?
Give me an example of a patient you had to monitor frequently due to changing patient condition?
I was interviewing for a Med/Tele position, not specifically a new grad position, but I am a new grad.
Hope this helps! Good luck!
- Jun 1, '12 by PyreIvanRNim also graduated BSN 3 years ago from philippines. after my graduation I went here in US. It takes me a year to process my papers to become eligible to NCLEX then on April 2011 I passed it!Its been a year since i passed i still no job as a nurse. currently i was working as medication technician for a year now. Although i have some several interviews in the past, more employer now requires nursing experience plus the fact im newly graduate when i came here plus foreign graduate. I know the job market now nurses are quite tough because of recession and etc.., too much nurses no job!!! but still i wont give up!!.Wish you luck!!!Hoping you pass the interview and land that hospital job!i recommend you read book by kaplan "your career in nursing" 5th ed by annette t vallano. the book offers practical tips in making good resume, answering questions in interview etc. you can borrow it in library if you want.GOD BLESS you!
- Oh wow yeah! You got a lot of weird questions but i think they just want you to feel comfortable... Hmmm was it a panel interview? Are they nice? .... Hope you get the job!
- Btw where did you apply?
- Yeap same here it's pretty hard to get an rn job specially if you don't have any experience... Why not try new grad program too? That's what im applying for since i still dont have any experience... Btw thanks for the advice! I really do appreciate it GOD BLESS YOU