In one of my RN-BSN classes we are writing a paper about the Safe Staffing Act (TX) and staffing committees. The assignment involes discussing your hospitals staffing committee plan. However, I am currently not working (due to a tough pregnancy) so obviously I don't have this information and my instuctor told me to just "do what you can".
So.... If anyone out there is on their hospitals staffing committee or just know the particulars of it, I would REALLY appreciate your help with any or all of these questions!!!
- What is the procedure for selecting staff nurses for the committee?
- What is the procedure for selecting nurse managers for the committee?
- How many people are on the committee?
- Is a certain number or percentage of staff RNs, managers, and executives required?
- How do staff nurses communicate concerns to the staffing committee?
- How do they receive feedback?
Thank you SO much!!!!!