I understand there's plenty of posts similar to this, only my situation is a bit different from the others and I just want some feedback.
In late September, I attended a hiring event at a local hospital. During my interview, I was asked the generic set of nursing interview questions and was given more information about the unit. The director decided to put my application forward, and I was assigned a share day. Prior to the share day, I made sure to research more about the specialty of nursing so that I'd be familiar with what I saw and would be able to ask questions. The nurse I shadowed was extremely friendly, and even gave me a hug, stating she would love to work with me again. At the end of the share day, I briefly met with the director who seemed irritated for some reason. I asked when to expect to hear back, and she said she didn't know because she was still doing interviews.
After the interview and share day, I made sure to send the director a thank you email. I also obtained the email of the nurse I shadowed and thanked her as well. She followed up with me about a week later, wondering if I'd already been given the position. However, I informed her that no, I hadn't heard back from HR or the director.
That same week (week after the share day), I got in contact with a nurse who had worked on the unit right out of nursing school
, asking how long it usually took to hear back from this particular hospital's HR regarding decisions. She stated it was a couple of weeks, maybe a little over a month. She encouraged me to follow up with the director, which I did, never heard back. I also called the HR recruiter, who informed me a decision hasn't been made.
It's been four weeks since the interview, three weeks since the share day, and two weeks since I called the HR recruiter. Although I know it may take another few weeks or so, I'm becoming increasingly nervous that I am not being considered for the position, despite my perceived successful interview and share day. At the moment, I am currently an active candidate for the position according to the careers website.
So I'm wondering this: should I follow-up again, or just leave it be and continue waiting for a response? What would you do in my situation?
Thanks to anyone who made it this far. I look forward to any response!