Thank you note after interviewRegister Today!
- by MommyandRN Nov 25, '08What do you usually do for your thank you notes after an interview? Do you type a business type letter and send it? A handwritten note? A Thank-you card with handwritten note? Or do you send an e-mail?
I feel a letter is the best way but in these days, an e-mail would get there faster. And if there are a few people up for a job that might make a difference, right? But is an e-mail less formal and appear to take less effort?
- Jul 2, '10 by JoyfulRN14I do a business format letter.
To me, I would rather bit a little over-formal than not formal enough. If the manager is more old-fashioned and I send a hand-written note, I wouldn't want them to take that as being young and not as serious.
I do keep the business letter warm though, so it doesn't seem too "much".
"Dear Ms. ______:
Thank you for the opportunity to meet with you yesterday regarding the ______ position. I appreciate the time you and the members of your team spent with me."
I then briefly (a couple sentences) say why I am a great candidate for the job, incorporating something that came up during the interview.
I end it with:
"Please feel free to contact me if you require further information, and thank you again for your time and consideration.
I wouldn't do an email, but that's my personal opinion. If you put your letter in the mail the same or next day from your interview, they should get it within a day, and they usually haven't made a decision in that short of time.
- Dec 12, '11 by Russianred, BSN^ Good question, who do you send the thank you card to? I'm assuming the exact person who interviewed you? That would only make sense.
- Jan 30, '12 by DumplinsI second that question. bumping this thread so others can see it.
i'm assuming you send it to the hospital address with ATTN to their name?
- Jan 30, '12 by Russianred, BSNTo specify even further, you can add their department, then their name underneath such as:
Healing Hope Hospital
Intensive Care Unit
123 Medical Way
Woundsworth, XX 12345
- Feb 15, '12 by walker04I will be doing this next week. I think i am going to mail a simple thank you card, the day after i have my interview. Thats my vote!
- Feb 15, '12 by Russianred, BSNGood call. I just got a job at pediatric practice. My first interview since graduating, I also sent a thank you card that SAME day. No issues! HR tomorrow, PHysical Friday, Orientation Tueday .
So I would say that a thank you card is pretty important for a good impression!
- Feb 15, '12 by walker04Ok, thats what i thought. I already have them ready to fill out after my interview next friday. I will mail them before i leave town to come home. Thanks for the confirmation to my thoughts as well.